Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BIG SHOUT OUT TO ALL V6 REBEL OWNERS!!! WOOHOO. (I may be the only one on this site LOL)

Had to get this off my chest with all the v6 bashing!!! lol

Hemi owners -- all bashing is welcome... just know it will fall on def ears though ... so go ahead and massage your egos ;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Congrats. I have the hemi. It was the only choice I had and I have wanted one for about 50 years. I,'ve had everything put out. So when I seen the big red rebel I couldn't resist. I don't have anything against the V6, in fact my wife has the new Pacifica and we love it. It has more than enough power, rides great, and gets over 20 miles to the gallon and it is new. This Old Man wanted and dmit I got it, now if I can only live long enough to get it paid for. I have not heard one bad thing about the V6. I hope you have many years of enjoyment and get many,many miles from your new Rebel.
Big Red

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big Red - Thank you! Congrats on your Hemi! Thank you for the well wishes and I sincerely wish you the same!

The red/black combo sold me. All my cars are either red or black so the combination was a perfect match. Unfortunately I saw a lot of V6 bashing (which i am baffled by) but none is has any merit; though i must say it is quite entertaining lol. You will probably see some of it in this thread lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would never bash another rebel. I needed the hemi because I tow a horse trailer and a travel trailer. If I was not towing then I would have went for a v6 for better fuel mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with the V6 Rebel, because I don't have a lot to tow or haul around. It will get all my light duty stuff handled no problem, and still be fun to go cruise around the desert. I actually went from a Scat Pack Challenger to this Rebel and still feel like I made a good decision.

I do love the Hemi, but think the V6 really is a great motor. It might be down a bit on power, but still has enough get the Rebel moving along.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I wish you all the best with the V6. It's a great motor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey OP, We had the Penty in the Jeep Rubi and it performed really nice. A bit hard on gas but meh, the jeep had 35's and the gears were 4.10's so its to be expected lol. Great motor and its nice to see Ram build the looks of the rebel for people who don't require the horses that the Hemi puts out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the 6 as well and love it. I've had a Hemi Durango, Hemi SRT Challenger and a Hemi Ram and I love my Rebel with the V6 with no regrets! Being paired with the 392 rear end is perfect for me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You opened yourself up for bashing. In all seriousness IMO there should be no rebel sold with a V6. Takes away from the whole experience. I don't care what people say. That being said I bought a 2017 jeep grand Cherokee trailhawk with the pentastar. I feel its a great motor just not in the Rebel. This subject has been beaten more then a dead horse

·
Registered
118 Posts
No bashing. Enjoy your V-6. Not for me but if it works for you enjoy! I have the 6 in my '14 GC and the whole package is kind of boring. While the Rebel with the Hemi is just sooo much fun. My last GC had the Hemi and there is no comparison between the Hemi equipped GC and the new one. Perhaps the full time AWD just sucks too much power in the Penta GC?

·
Registered
24 Posts
No bashing. Enjoy your V-6. Not for me but if it works for you enjoy! I have the 6 in my '14 GC and the whole package is kind of boring. While the Rebel with the Hemi is just sooo much fun. My last GC had the Hemi and there is no comparison between the Hemi equipped GC and the new one. Perhaps the full time AWD just sucks too much power in the Penta GC?
Agreed. I had the Hemi in a 14 WK2 with the 8 speed and it doesn't compare to the Hemi in the Rebel matched up with the 392 rear. So much more refined and can barely feel it shift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.