Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good question. I was wondering as well. Thought the seats were able to fold down as well as up with these tabs but doesn't seem to be the case.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are they there to assist when folding the seat back up again?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Might look at page 112-116 of your user manual. Is this what you're talking about?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Appears they are used for when installing child seats/restraints

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yeah, they're not pull tabs. Child seats have two latching devices for the base, that connected to those squared rings sticking out slightly under the seat back, and a strap w/ attached hook that connects to a ring or strap at the top.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
When I was a kid, we rode in the back of Dad's pickup whenever we could. When I had kids, they didn't have this kind of stuff, just baby seats and booster seats. Now if I take the grandkids anywhere, they have to have it. Full car seat until 80 lbs or so, then boosters. Can't take them fishing without it. When the next generation comes along, wonder what they'll have.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
When I was a kid, we rode in the back of Dad's pickup whenever we could. When I had kids, they didn't have this kind of stuff, just baby seats and booster seats. Now if I take the grandkids anywhere, they have to have it. Full car seat until 80 lbs or so, then boosters. Can't take them fishing without it. When the next generation comes along, wonder what they'll have.
When I was A kid I use to ride standing up in the front middle bench seat of my grandfather's old ford truck. When I was 3 my mothers car door malfunctioned and I flew out holding onto the door when she took a curve going about 20mph. All that and I'm still kicking because neither of them were distracted by GPS, cellphones and all the other items we have today.

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hahaha. I had one of those car door rides on an old station wagon once. Was older, about 5 or 6, standing on the back seat and leaning my head out the window - and my sister tried to kick me but hit the door handle instead. Out swung the door with me clinging to it. Dad was driving, Mom leaned back and pulled the door shut. After that we weren't allowed to lean out the windows. They still let us play on monkey bars after that.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I predict the back seats will be equipped with AI. Which will cradle the children with just the right amount of pressure. The seats will reinforce the child's confidence throughout the trip and let them know everyone is a winner. When exiting the vehicle the children will receive a ribbon for participating in locomotion.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hahaha. I had one of those car door rides on an old station wagon once. Was older, about 5 or 6, standing on the back seat and leaning my head out the window - and my sister tried to kick me but hit the door handle instead. Out swung the door with me clinging to it. Dad was driving, Mom leaned back and pulled the door shut. After that we weren't allowed to lean out the windows. They still let us play on monkey bars after that.
Lol

·
Registered
547 Posts
We use to sit in the bed of my dad's truck whenever we could. We'd sit on the (full size) spare tire. As long as we were sitting the police dint bother us, and we were in no danger of catching a backhand

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did not anticipate a simple question about tabs would unleash a host of confessions about unsafe truck riding practices.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I did not anticipate a simple question about tabs would unleash a host of confessions about unsafe truck riding practices.
Ha ha...never know what you'll stir up unwittingly around here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts