Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas my search came to an end last night. I talked to five dealers and pulled the trigger with one. I put my 500 deposit down last night on the phone. I got a Maximum Steel Metallic, 5.7, crew cab, equipment level 2 group, block heater, 9 speaker system, 12 inch display and trailer brake control for 50k. I got 22k for trade in on my truck which is paid off. So I don't think i did too bad.

I did have error on my part. When i was talking to other dealers I had one that quoted me almost 47k for basically the same options. Well come to find out it was a quad cab instead of the crew cab. I was wondering why he was so dang cheap. Im not getting the truck until next tuesday.

Now to figure out what i want to do with that ugly silver brush guard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ram box, air suspension, E- torque 33 gallon tank, in Granite cristal
Im guessing you live in an area where it doesn't get cold as it seems the air ride can be problematic. Or maybe they have conquered the problem. My dealer in ND steers people away from air ride. My dad has the ram box on his truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
no it's cold here in Michigan -10 this morning. dealer called yesterday my truck is in but with no air suspension. going later to day to get it

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just masked off around the skid plate and painted it with rustoleum EZ peel paint. It still baffles me why the skid is silver on anything but a silver truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Im at a loss for what the reasoning is for the silver skid plate. Im uncertain if i just want to paint it or get a cow catcher. Im leaning to the brush guard since its an expensive truck. It would seem there isn't much in the aftermarket world yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also bought a rebel 12-no etorque-hemi-4x4-12 inch screen-pano roof-3.92 gears-runs good so far!
Thats good to hear. When did you pic urs up? My wife just rolls her eyes as Im on this forum and a few others. Plus the forums I use for my Mustang. Im also a member in a Mazda forum since we have a year old CX-5. Needless to say I enjoy being on them and learning what I can. Good or Bad.

I have been watching youtube videos of the 2019 rebel. Truth be told I have yet to even sit in one yet nor even actually seen the inside myself. My dad has a 2018 Ram. I coulnt tell you what trim he has buts its a nice truck. One thing I liked about doing this deal I didnt have to lift a foot to do anything. Just sent a bunch of emails, few phone calls, and bam done deal. My dad is very much the guy that will go to the dealer in our home town. Talk with them even though he knows he won't buy there b/c they never come down enough. Go the next closes dealer and talk to them. Then to one thats 45 minutes away and come to an agreement. I just don't have the patience to do that. But he enjoys that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
picked up my Reble 12 Granite crystal,
20190130_182302.jpg
5.7 with e torque,RamBox,spray in bedliner,Tri-FoldTonneau Cover,33 gallon tank.

·
Registered
44 Posts
View attachment 27119
85D95411-0D88-4EF2-9BC4-EB3035C2A362.jpeg
Sweet truck dude! Welcome from me and my MaxSteel R12 in NY. If you're looking for side steps, check out the GoRhino RB20 with Berliner coating. That's what I just put on mine. Also applied matte black vynil over my Brished silver RAM grille badging. Made my awesome
R12 even more awesomer! And yes, that's a real word, I know!!! I just made it up! ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I absolutely love it.
Great to hear. I like the pics you put posted up. I flew in from Indiana to North Dakota where I do business. I grabbed my truck from the airport parking as I leave it here in ND to use for work. Drove it to the dealer and to finish the deal but unfortunately it wasn't there due to bad weather. So I used that against them in my final deal even though it wasn't there fault. Honestly I assumed it was at the dealer during my conversations with salesman over the phone he made it sound like it would be ready. Im sure it would have been if it weren't for the weather. So as was discussed yesterday they said they would have it today. Install the molded mud flaps per the deal (I was able to get some other stuff as well) and then drive it to me since I work 12 hours from 4am to 4pm. Ill get some pics but im sure it will be dirty but oh well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great to hear. I like the pics you put posted up. I flew in from Indiana to North Dakota where I do business. I grabbed my truck from the airport parking as I leave it here in ND to use for work. Drove it to the dealer and to finish the deal but unfortunately it wasn't there due to bad weather. So I used that against them in my final deal even though it wasn't there fault. Honestly I assumed it was at the dealer during my conversations with salesman over the phone he made it sound like it would be ready. Im sure it would have been if it weren't for the weather. So as was discussed yesterday they said they would have it today. Install the molded mud flaps per the deal (I was able to get some other stuff as well) and then drive it to me since I work 12 hours from 4am to 4pm. Ill get some pics but im sure it will be dirty but oh well
that's Great!
my tells me to stop taking pictures of my truck. you just never know when your going to get that perfect shot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts