Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am currently in the process of purchasing a 2020 ram rebel in Canada. I am looking for advice on the 5 year extended warranty the dealer is offering for $2900 cad and the tricor corrosion protection of $1750 cad. Do you guys think that these will be worth the purchase? Also they are adding the 3m film gold option for $ 750 cad. What does this gold option film protect exactly? Any advice will be helpful thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Personally, I don’t recommend any of these dealership add-on’s !!!
Corrosion protection added after build will probably void factory warranty, extended warranty usually doesn’t pay for itself after the deductions, stipulations and limitations, and the 3M window film tint sounds unbelievably expensive ! Try pricing it yourself at an independent tint shop ! Don’t get too invested with the dealership with add in’s that’s total profits for them with little to no value for you !

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would do the extended warranty, especially if you got the diesel as it is a new engine. With that said, you can shop around for the extended warranty, and it does not need to be done at time of purchase. The other two I would do aftermarket. All the dealer is doing is sending it to a local window tinting place and then charging you a markup.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a 2017 and am currently drive 2020 touch screens have died on both.my dealer is giving me the run around again be prepared no cabin controls suck .i drove the 17 to128000miles of farm use with minor air suspension probs .the big touch screens are garbage beware!!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
94 Posts
I have the 12” touch screen but only 2k miles. For the love of god I hope it’s not a problem.
I paid almost 5k for a lifetime warrentee/100k miles. It’s highly likely I will have this truck for 15+ years and still not be at 100k. Thatis why I went this route as I usually ride motorcycle to work and my yearly milage as of the past 5 years has been less than 20k for one vehicle. But I agree with the others. Window tint is cheap, most shops will do 2 windows for $200. The back windows are already tinted.
read the fine print. I haven’t had mine in serviced yet for anything but first negative expirience I have believe me, y’all will be the first to know about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the 12” touch screen but only 2k miles. For the love of god I hope it’s not a problem.
I paid almost 5k for a lifetime warrentee/100k miles. It’s highly likely I will have this truck for 15+ years and still not be at 100k. Thatis why I went this route as I usually ride motorcycle to work and my yearly milage as of the past 5 years has been less than 20k for one vehicle. But I agree with the others. Window tint is cheap, most shops will do 2 windows for $200. The back windows are already tinted.
read the fine print. I haven’t had mine in serviced yet for anything but first negative expirience I have believe me, y’all will be the first to know about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts