Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really looking into purchasing my first "new" vehicle in 10 years. Been reading/researching all I can. Is there anything I need or should know about this BAD A** truck before I purchase??

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you are building it to your own needs then make sure you select the Rebel Cluster, or, if you are buying from the lot, make sure it has it already installed.
Ask about the rear axle recall and if it's applicable to your vehicle (doubtful now on new builds, but.............)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Read around the forum for sure. Make sure the bumper is aligned as well. Easy to tell if you look at the spacing just below the headlamp on either side one side will be lower. Like @Gismo said, make sure it has the Rebel cluster.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm really looking into purchasing my first "new" vehicle in 10 years. Been reading/researching all I can. Is there anything I need or should know about this BAD A** truck before I purchase??

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
You will find yourself reasons to drive it. There is also a bracket up by the firewall on the driver's side. This will make installing aftermarket steps a challenge. If you want dual zone climate control then be sure to ask/look for it. There is no power fold on the towing mirrors, and be sure to check to make sure all fuses are seated fully

·
Registered
567 Posts
You will find yourself reasons to drive it. There is also a bracket up by the firewall on the driver's side. This will make installing aftermarket steps a challenge. If you want dual zone climate control then be sure to ask/look for it. There is no power fold on the towing mirrors, and be sure to check to make sure all fuses are seated fully
Oh. And welcome to the forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
,These are a great truck, but be aware that the real world payload rating (cargo, driver and passengers) might be as low as 957lbs. with options. The advertised numbers you will find are out to lunch, ask me how I know.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
How do u know??
I own one that is well equipped, and this is the payload rating on mine. It is significantly less than I expected from the numbers I had found during my research. This may or may not be of any concern to you, but it is good to have all the facts in hand in my opinion.

This is the only real thing I discovered after purchase that was a bit of a disappointment for me, in all other ways it is a superb light truck. Wonderful to drive, great looks, and very nicely put together. I have not had a chance to do any light off-roading yet, but I really think it will work well for this purpose too. It is only because I will be towing with cargo on board that this specification is a concern for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RAINDOG! I like to have all the information on hand too, however I don't know how much towing I will do in the future, but my intentions are to take this thing off road whenever and wherever possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts