Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owened 4 pickups over the last 10 years but just drove them. Now that i have the Rebel im into it. So....why do people level them? Is it astectic only or does it help? Also does it void warrantys?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Good question. I can only speak for myself.
When you step back and look at the rebel you will notice it has a rake to it, front is lower than the rear. To me, the software guys could have easily programmed this rake out of the computer and kept the truck leveled when parked or given the user the option. I'm guessing the rake is there for fuel savings. Anyway, the rake is really annoying and leveling makes it that much more appealing visually. Plus it gives the aftermarket folks a job. Lol
As for warranty, it all depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
With the air suspension, it's my understanding that all you need to do to level the truck is change the length of the links either in the front or the rear. A leveling kit is needed for trucks without-air suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.