Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new 2017 Rebel Black edition with 5.7 Hemi. All I have done so far is Flowmaster 40 series dual chamber muffler, front window tint and Linex spray in liner, which by the way looks "off the hook". I'm gonna add my black toolbox from my '09 Ram TRX, so it will be murdered out pretty much.
But my questions are this as far as more add on's for performance.
1. Does anyone have any experience with the Stage 1,2, or 3 performance chips?
2. What about programmers instead?, I had a Superchips for my other Ram but I talked to
a guy that works here where I live that works a a truck custom shop and he said be weary because it could affect my warrany since there is so much auto stuff on the computer like the air suspension, climate, etc...
3. What about cold air intakes? He said go with Mopar cold air and not K&N, etc...
4. Stereo replacement: I have the Alpine 9 speaker system but I wanted to do like my
other truck, it had 2 JL Audio 10's in ported and tuned box under back seat, 700 watt JL amp, 4 JVC
3 ways 6x9's in the door with a Clarion passive 8 band EQ.
I was looking at maybe just replacing factory sub for now.
Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Hi and welcome. All great questions....do you have a budget in mind for the performance part? And yes, any modifications made to the computer "May " void existing warranty. I think Diablo may be the only one that has a tune for the 2017's but don't quote me on it as I haven't had time to do any reasonable research. As for the stereo upgrades, honestly the alpine system rocks on its own, but I can see, or should I say, hear, where there can be some improvements. The things you mention for the stereo upgrade are outside my scope, but all sound interesting and complicated yet so sweet.

Cold air intake, again depends on your budget and maybe the look you're going for as they really offer no significant power gains for the cost.

I'm sure members will start to chime in soon and point you in the right direction as many have done it all to their trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.