Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just recently put in an order from the factory to buy a 2021 ram rebel. Super pumped to get this thing and I am working with the dealership to have them install a BDS 6" coilover lift kit, borla s type exhaust, and new wheels/tires.

I am eyeing 35 inch tires on a 20 inch wheel. In particular the fuel tech wheels 20x10 with -18 offset and 4.79 backspacing with a 35x12r20 BF Goodrich KO2 tire. If I am using a calculator correctly these tires will stick out 1-2" from the stock fenders. Can anyone confirm this for me? I LOVE the slightly stanced look of having a little tire outside the body lines, but I am really concerned with rock chipping. Anyone have experience with the level of rock chipping experienced with this setup? I would buy and install smooth fender flares if anyone knows of any to help with this issue. I also asked this of the dealership but want to hear your real opinions, sounds like they haven't done a build like this on a Rebel before.

Thank guys, hope my questions were clear enough. New to this!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Negative 18 offset will definitely push your tires past your fenders - a nice aggressive look. Look around at the after market sites such as 4Wheel Parts or American Truck for fender flares. Plenty to choose from and yes, with the set up you propose, I'd get a set.

Is the dealer going to honor the warranty with a 6" lift in place?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative 18 offset will definitely push your tires past your fenders - a nice aggressive look. Look around at the after market sites such as 4Wheel Parts or American Truck for fender flares. Plenty to choose from and yes, with the set up you propose, I'd get a set.

Is the dealer going to honor the warranty with a 6" lift in place?
The dealer has been great to work with and their parts gal went out of her way to find a new supplier for the BDS kit I wanted to ensure it falls under their warranty rules. I trust them and seriously can't wait for this thing. The only thing I'd wished is that I could get the 5.7 in the wide body style of the TRX rather than paying 20k additional for the supercharged 6.2, can't have everything I suppose!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts