Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello RR Forum,

I'm a newbie but I'm not quite ready to show off my Rebel yet. I am in the middle of modding after purchasing the vehicle on the 8th of this month. I had some questions that my regular group of car friends could not answer unanimously. I thought I would come here to ask a group of Rebel owners about their thoughts.

I ordered the Gloss Black Fuel Couplers 20x10 with a -12 offset with a Toyo ATII 305/55/20 tire. That should put it slightly larger in diameter than the 285/70/17 stock wheels and definitely a bit wider as well. I am assuming based on my various forum(s) searching that this setup wouldn't have any rubbing issues. It should also keep the speedometer close to the same accuracy?

This next question is a bit more preference than anything else. I haven't actually seen this wheel nor the Couplers in person, only on videos on YouTube. They are Fuel Beasts and I'd like to also get it on a 20x10 but with a +1 offset to bring it closer in which again from reading the forums means it has less travel and less chance of rubbing. The question here is do you think this bronze-ish color would look good on a Flame Red Rebel?

These last questions are ones that I just thought of:

Would you go with a 305/55/20 tire or a slightly skinnier and slightly taller 295/60/20 tire?
Is 20x10 too large of a wheel to go on a Rebel that isn't going to be lifted? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welp, I ended up going for the Fuel Beasts 20x9 with a +1mm offset and Toyo A/T 35" wheels. Unless I am measuring wrong it seems to be between 34 and 34.5 inches in diameter. Maybe I won't need the Revel Performance lift links I ordered? I'm going to the dealership tomorrow to have them put on and aligned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It happens. Luckily I bought from a top rated seller and he's ordering in 3 more wheels, and is going to get back to me on shipping. I did take the truck back with the links installed and I have to say it looks good even with the 33's.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I gotta say the gloss back couplers would have been a better choice then a bronze wheel for a red truck...but thats why they make all different kinds of choices I guess

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great!!

So how much did it lift the truck?
Can you tell me what length the rods are set at?
Do all 4 modes work? Offroad, Normal etc..
To be honest I didn't measure the truck before and after, but I believe the kit says it's typically 2 to 2.5 inches lift. I will check with the shop tomorrow to get the exact measurements on the links themselves. He said he spent a good 2 hours getting it "just right". I drove it about 80 miles or so from picking the wife up from the airport and just driving around town and I got to say it's pretty nice! I thought it was going to be super bouncy under Normal ride height and it's not at all. It will go into all 4 modes without any errors and I while I haven't gone into Offroad on anything other than pavement, it's nice to know I can get the extra clearance if I need it.

The pictures above are from the truck in Normal mode btw.

I gotta say the gloss back couplers would have been a better choice then a bronze wheel for a red truck...but thats why they make all different kinds of choices I guess
Yeah the gloss blacks were definitely nice from what I saw online, but I have had black wheels on my last 3 of 4 vehicles with the exception of the "hyper black" SRT wheels on my Challenger which is more of a grayish-black. I took a gamble ordering the Fuel Beasts fearing they might be too gold looking but they look pretty nice next to the truck! :)

I'm assuming you're mad that the wheels are scratched or did I commit some taboo??? :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.