Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking of installing a new stereo system I see they are making the 12.1 screen aftermarket and OEM anybody do it u yet?? I kno u probably have to change the module also I’m seeing prices around 450-500

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Nope. I added an aftermarket CD player to mine, but that's it. I have the premium sound system with the Harmon Karden speakers. Sounds great.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Just saw something on You Tube by a guy called WaterFowler 41. He has a bunch of videos for mods he's doing to his 20 Rebel. One is a new stereo system. I didn't watch that one (28 minutes) since I'm happy with mine, but you should check it out. He did one for a new Vararam air intake system which looks mighty interesting though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just saw something on You Tube by a guy called WaterFowler 41. He has a bunch of videos for mods he's doing to his 20 Rebel. One is a new stereo system. I didn't watch that one (28 minutes) since I'm happy with mine, but you should check it out. He did one for a new Vararam air intake system which looks mighty interesting though.
Cool ima check it out today at work Im
Gonna have some free time today I want the 12.1 I’ve seen some videos installing em but u have to get something downloaded In order for everything to work right i’m just trying not to void my warranty

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Honestly, I don't know what brand the CD player is. I went to the shop, ordered one, they got it in and installed it. The box didn't any markings as to brand. I did notice it was made in China though (of course). Whatever it is, it works ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly, I don't know what brand the CD player is. I went to the shop, ordered one, they got it in and installed it. The box didn't any markings as to brand. I did notice it was made in China though (of course). Whatever it is, it works ok.
Damn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey oooo that's me.

I have the base 6 stereo package and walk through how I replaced the speakers, added and LC7I, a 5 channel amp, and a subwoofer to my factory system. I think what OP is looking for is a new head-unit swap out. I have the 8.4" screen. I did however show in the video how I tied my LC& and my amp into the factory system without cutting a single factory wire.

The video is a lot of talking but hopefully it helps paint a picture of some of the steps. There is also a share folder in the description for the crutchfield installation manual. Shows how to remove every speaker even in the HK trucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts