Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 20 Rebel came with the Ram Box system. I didn't give it too much thought at the time. I simply thought it would be a handy spot to stash all those small extras you ride around with (jumper cables, small hand tools, etc.). However, I am now finding that I am severely limited as to what I can do with the bed area of my truck. (That's another thing - the bed is more narrow.) After market apps for the bed area almost all tell me they are not compatible with the Ram Box. So what's the verdict - pro or con?

I give mine a slight con, as I'd like to do some things with the bed for my overlanding trips, like adding a removable rack system to bolt on my Hi-Lift jack, gas cans, etc. No can do at the moment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 20 Rebel came with the Ram Box system. I didn't give it too much thought at the time. I simply thought it would be a handy spot to stash all those small extras you ride around with (jumper cables, small hand tools, etc.). However, I am now finding that I am severely limited as to what I can do with the bed area of my truck. (That's another thing - the bed is more narrow.) After market apps for the bed area almost all tell me they are not compatible with the Ram Box. So what's the verdict - pro or con?

I give mine a slight con, as I'd like to do some things with the bed for my overlanding trips, like adding a removable rack system to bolt on my Hi-Lift jack, gas cans, etc. No can do at the moment.
I've had several pickups of various brands and I've always wanted and needed more regular storage space. I factory ordered my 2019 Ram Rebel 12 Crew Cab with RamBoxes and the Cargo Management System. I've had the truck for just about two years now and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the RamBoxes and the cargo divider. The space lost to the RamBoxes is in my opinion, insignificant. In reality, it's not lost space, it is merely just otherwise located. I never really liked the RamBoxes until I ordered them and I love em.
The one disappointment with the RamBoxes and Cargo Management System was the moveable bed divider that was advertised to double as a bed extender when my truck was delivered, it became apparent it did not have the nesessayy attachment point hardware on the bedside ends for the bed extender function I brought it to the dealership's attention and they contacted the factory who said that feature was discontinued (I believe they said for safety reasons). I noticed the mounting locations were there but the attachment hardware was not. I researched the part numbers for the attachment hardware and a week later for about $50, I had the factory bed extender function working.
I love the RamBoxes!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was thinking about getting a ram box but decided against it when I heard about a ram box being broken into and it required a new bed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I absolutely love my ramboxes and if it wasn’t for them I would have bought a raptor. I now have fox coilovers like a raptor. More power than a stock raptor. A much higher tow rating and a rear 5 link which is hands down better than leaf springs. Once you throw in the rebel interior and ramboxes it was a no brainer. I love my decked out rebel and can only think of one truck I like better. Ram just unveiled it and it doesn’t have ramboxes!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2017 Rebel used, and was convinced when I bought it that the RamBoxes were just a feature I would tolerate having... But now having them, I would definitely seek them out next time around/ would miss them if I didn’t have them. I use them constantly. Definitely some drawbacks, as you note, on some accessories, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Love the ram box! yea the bed is narrower but hauling the gear that will fit in them without having to open up the back of the truck to go get your stuff is really nice. And they lock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm currently looking at 2021 Rebel with RamBoxes. But I want the multifunction tailgate. Anyone have this configuration or at least the Multifunction tailgate? I'm an old guy who needs access to the truck bed alot. And the multifunction tailgate with the step option would work great for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently looking at 2021 Rebel with RamBoxes. But I want the multifunction tailgate. Anyone have this configuration or at least the Multifunction tailgate? I'm an old guy who needs access to the truck bed alot. And the multifunction tailgate with the step option would work great for me
I just took delivery of a ‘21 Rebel with the MFT and RamBoxes. Got this configuration because it was available and my wife liked it but I think it will make life a lot easier for loading and unloading. Very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
210 Posts
I use mine more than the box! The space list is all lost due to fender well anyway, still fits 4x8 sheets of osb with ease.
my passenger side has jumper cables, a ton of ratchet straps, pull rope, misc tools and hitches.
my drivers side is for groceries and beer.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
210 Posts
Sorry bud I buy hams for freeloaders! :D lol!
but yeah, for how useful the ram boxes are, if you got a problem with what you can haul, go to tractor supply and buy a cheap trailer.
it’s easier to load and unload and just generally works better for pulling quads, side by sides, and hauling a lot of junk.
I got my 5x12 aluminum trailer for $1800.You never think you’ll use it, butonceyou have it it gets used all the time.
mad for the space lost in the box due to the Rambox, there is nothing I can think of that will not fit in there that will fit without it.
I no longer have straps, chains, and junk floating around in my box, or tools and straps under my backseat.
I got space galore in the interior. I honestly do t want to buy another truck without them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts