Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so pissed I worked my ass off my 2021 ram rebel and all my speakers cut out and the ram boxes open up at random times it says my left turn signal is out and I am being told it’s my wiring harness and some computer problems as well and they say it’s user error even though I have a warranty

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
That doesn't sound like user error. Ask the dealer what you're doing wrong and how to deal with it where everything won't just open up or go nutty. That ought to be good. If that doesn't work, ask to speak with the factory man next time he visits your dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am so pissed I worked my ass off my 2021 ram rebel and all my speakers cut out and the ram boxes open up at random times it says my left turn signal is out and I am being told it’s my wiring harness and some computer problems as well and they say it’s user error even though I have a warranty
I’ve hav the RamBox opening itself problem. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they said the wiring harness is shot. I also have a 2021, no clue how it can be shot when it’s only 2 months old. Gonna fix it next week and I’ll update how it goes. Walked out this morning and my reverse light is stuck on and my brake light is slightly glowing. Hopfully that’s part of the wiring harness. Absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve hav the RamBox opening itself problem. Took it to the dealership yesterday and they said the wiring harness is shot. I also have a 2021, no clue how it can be shot when it’s only 2 months old. Gonna fix it next week and I’ll update how it goes. Walked out this morning and my reverse light is stuck on and my brake light is slightly glowing. Hopfully that’s part of the wiring harness. Absolutely ridiculous.
Mine has been in the shop for three weeks now and I am beyond angry the part they ordered is gonna take two weeks I ordered it myself and they won’t take it so **** dealerships

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the same boat, but recently learned it's not just a RamBox wiring harness issue. Got my '21 Rebel in November '20 and am now on day 28 of the truck in the shop, 25 days consecutively. RamBoxes kept opening, and would hear a "clicking" sound over and over again. Was the RamBoxes trying to unlock themselves, which would go on until i hit the lock button. Turned off "auto unlock", that worked for a week or so. Then when unlocked (to get in/out) they would pop open and start clicking again, so I had to constantly lock and unlock the truck, then go close the RamBoxes on both sides before getting in.

2-3 weeks after this started I also noticed the reverse light was stuck on. 2 days after that I go to start the truck and it won't unlock. Used the key to open, get in...and zero power. No blinking, no beeping, nothing. Neighbor jumped the truck. ran the engine for 45 mins, went to work. 2 hours later try to go to a meeting...same thing. 100% dead battery. Get it jumped, but Uconnect screen won't turn on, air suspension keeps raising/lowering and RamBoxes pop open. When i closed the passenger side RamBox, tailgate would pop open...close the tailgate...RamBox pops open.

Dropped at the dealer & said don't call me till it's fixed. Dealer ordered new wiring harness for each Rambox, go to install them, then find the connector to the 2 harnesses is "corroded" from water (in 5k miles!). Get the harness connector 2 weeks later, go to install, find that the "main" wiring harness for the whole truck is corroded. Technician said the FCA engineers didn't believe them until they sent photos and videos. Now telling me they have to replace ALL of the wiring harnesses and 3-5 weeks out...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.