Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ram box on my rebel… And swapped out the standard bulbs for LEDs, so they match the in bed lighting. I don't remember if they would turn on every time I open the ram boxes, or only when I hit the unlock button on the key fob

Does anyone know if the lights are supposed to come on every time you open the ram box doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
If they are like the in-bed lighting then they only come on when the cargo lamp (part of the third brake light housing) comes on.

I don't have RAM boxes but it makes sense to me they would be on the same circuit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have Ram Boxes on my truck, I believe there is a little push botton on them.
I'll look in just a few minutes.
Bill

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just looked there are yellow push buttons one in each box.
if you open the box and they are not on, just push the yellow button, you will feel it click. Now when you open the box they will come on. Basically if they are in the on position when you close the box it pushes that button in enough to turn them off. When you then reopen the box it comes back out and they come on.
If you click the button all the way in they go off and closing the box doesn't push them in enough to click it in all the way and they stay off until you click the yellow button all the way in.
I hope this helps.
Bill

Q

·
0 Posts
That's very interesting, as when I was at the dealer a few days ago checking out the ram boxes, trying to make the determination if I want them or not, because I like the Truxedo rolling tonneau cover and with the Ram Boxes you cant get that style of cover. only a hard folding cover or that cheaper vinyl ram cover. anyways back to the lights, the sales girl unlocked the truck, so I opened the boxes and the lights were off, I pushed the yellow button and the lights came on, so I guess its set up as to what you want it to do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I think they are linked to cab and bed lights and can be shut off by the button. Also, bak just came out with the revolver x2 for ram box, mine will be here tomorrow. It's a roll up that sits nice and flush. So not only ram one and folding. Ram boxes are great especially when getting groceries and take out. No worries about spills In the truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q

·
0 Posts
Yea I think they are linked to cab and bed lights and can be shut off by the button. Also, bak just came out with the revolver x2 for ram box, mine will be here tomorrow. It's a roll up that sits nice and flush. So not only ram one and folding. Ram boxes are great especially when getting groceries and take out. No worries about spills In the truck

@Jazzy2788. Where did you order your revolver x2 from and do you remember the item # to order also ? Thank you.

Q

·
0 Posts

@Jazzy2788. Where did you order your revolver x2 from and do you remember the item # to order also ? Thank you. Maybe this is what my wife to be can buy me for my birthday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered from realtruck.com, part # was bk-39207rb. When I called bak they said it was not out yet...I then gave them a part number and they said o yea you will see it before I do.

Q

·
0 Posts
Ordered from realtruck.com, part # was bk-39207rb. When I called bak they said it was not out yet...I then gave them a part number and they said o yea you will see it before I do.

Thank you very much for the part #.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts