Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had no idea you could buy vinyl letters on EBay, but apparently you can. I did those letters myself. My wife uses a cutting machine in her job for packaging she does. I have an architectural background, so I templated the existing letters and created a precise drawing of the letters. Then we scanned them into her machine. I bought 3M Matte Black Vinyl Car Wrap. And poof, they came out cut perfectly. Just peeled them off and stuck them on. And since it's 3M, it isn't coming off unless you want it to and heat it way up.

I had to buy like 5 feet of that 3M vinyl, so if anyone wants some, PM me.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had no idea you could buy vinyl letters on EBay, but apparently you can. I did those letters myself. My wife uses a cutting machine in her job for packaging she does. I have an architectural background, so I templated the existing letters and created a precise drawing of the letters. Then we scanned them into her machine. I bought 3M Matte Black Vinyl Car Wrap. And poof, they came out cut perfectly. Just peeled them off and stuck them on. And since it's 3M, it isn't coming off unless you want it to and heat it way up.

To bad it wasn't red. Lol. I need to do my tsilgate

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yup, I bought the flame red for the front and rear "RAM" emblems. I also got the flame red for the "RAM" on the center console (top part - sunglasses holder thing). Just waiting for the warm up to put them on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yup, I bought the flame red for the front and rear "RAM" emblems. I also got the flame red for the "RAM" on the center console (top part - sunglasses holder thing). Just waiting for the warm up to put them on.
Which site did you get them from? I got from one guy off eBay but it's not flame red it's close but would like it closer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmm yes it is. Maybe he started carrying that red. Thank you
Do you remember if you had a choice of "flame red"? It might be the same red as yours but he just calls it "flame red". It's way too cold to put them on right now. I haven't put them up against my flame red Rebel to see how close it matches. I just kind of expect it to "closely" match.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do you remember if you had a choice of "flame red"? It might be the same red as yours but he just calls it "flame red". It's way too cold to put them on right now. I haven't put them up against my flame red Rebel to see how close it matches. I just kind of expect it to "closely" match.
Oh it's close. But a little more orangey ish. I asked if he had flame red and that's all he said he had

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hello Glen...I would be willing to buy a set of the RAM letters of you if you and your wife could make a set.........thanks Pete

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.