Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, currently have a 14' Ram 1500 Big Horn. Lease is up in 6 mo (waiting for the dealership calls and emails with trying to get me to come back in early). Have already decided what Rebel/equipment I want. My question is how long does it take from time of order till delivery from a dealership? No one around me seems to order the Rebel the RIGHT WAY so I figure I'm going to have to order.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Around here, all of my Ram 1500s take around 8 weeks from the day I place the order. I'm in Canada, so that explains why it may take a little longer.

I've had a couple arrive in 5 weeks, which blew my mind. Conversely, I've had some arrive in 12 weeks. On average though, 8 weeks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Around here, all of my Ram 1500s take around 8 weeks from the day I place the order. I'm in Canada, so that explains why it may take a little longer.

I've had a couple arrive in 5 weeks, which blew my mind. Conversely, I've had some arrive in 12 weeks. On average though, 8 weeks.
Very funny because FCA has plants in Canada. I know the REBEL AND LARAMIE are made in Warren, Michigan, but ya figure FCA would have shipping around CANADA on lock down

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Canada but live within half an hour from where the rebel is built. I ordered mine Dec 29th. It still isn't with me but last I heard it is supposed to ship this week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here's the problem we're going to run into soon. FCA (and all other manufacturers) are diverting Canadian allocation to the US. Our weak dollar means the manufacturers aren't making as much money up here. Might as well send more to the US where demand is just as strong and you make significantly more. FCA and GM have already had price increases, now it's getting tough to order as there just aren't as many trucks available as there were a couple of months ago. Pickings are going to get slim later this year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does ordering a vehicle require payment in full? or can you put X amount down and finance as you would with a car sitting on the lot? In the US...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would think most dealers will want you to leave a deposit upon placing the order, which may or may not be refundable, depending on your relationship with the dealer and on the vehicle spec you order.

I know I tell my customers if they order anything weird in terms of equipment or colours, the deposit is not refundable. Then they sign off on a form we provide stating that they acknowledge this.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Min
Hey guys, currently have a 14' Ram 1500 Big Horn. Lease is up in 6 mo (waiting for the dealership calls and emails with trying to get me to come back in early). Have already decided what Rebel/equipment I want. My question is how long does it take from time of order till delivery from a dealership? No one around me seems to order the Rebel the RIGHT WAY so I figure I'm going to have to order.
Mine took 8 weeks here in canada

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just ordered mine Monday (Feb 1, 2016). I'm in Ontario, Canada about an hour away from where they are built in Warren, MI. I was told they can't say for sure but expect 8 to 12 weeks.

I'm trading a 2014 FX-4 for it so it's not like I'm hurting for a nice truck in the meantime. Seeing what RAM had to offer at the Detroit auto show sold me on the Rebel. I used to say I'd never own a Dodge and here I ordered one. 0% financing was a no-brainer for me. Nearly halved my payment.

Interesting though. The dealer told me they have sold 3 2016 Rebels so far and they take 8 weeks. They ordered 5 Rebels for stock last July (2015) and they still haven't received them.

I think the Rebel is an experiment for FCA. They certainly don't seem interested in keeping up with demand or keeping with their design. (Black headlight bezels anyone?)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would think most dealers will want you to leave a deposit upon placing the order, which may or may not be refundable, depending on your relationship with the dealer and on the vehicle spec you order.

I know I tell my customers if they order anything weird in terms of equipment or colours, the deposit is not refundable. Then they sign off on a form we provide stating that they acknowledge this.
I have a pretty decent relationship with my dealer (have bought 3 vehicles over the past 6 years off them) Any idea the going "down payment" might be? I just want to get all my ducks in a row before I set foot into the dealership. Is it usually like a % of the actual price of vehicle as good faith money?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have a pretty decent relationship with my dealer (have bought 3 vehicles over the past 6 years off them) Any idea the going "down payment" might be? I just want to get all my ducks in a row before I set foot into the dealership. Is it usually like a % of the actual price of vehicle as good faith money?
My dealer wanted $1000.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just ordered mine Monday (Feb 1, 2016). I'm in Ontario, Canada about an hour away from where they are built in Warren, MI. I was told they can't say for sure but expect 8 to 12 weeks.

I'm trading a 2014 FX-4 for it so it's not like I'm hurting for a nice truck in the meantime. Seeing what RAM had to offer at the Detroit auto show sold me on the Rebel. I used to say I'd never own a Dodge and here I ordered one. 0% financing was a no-brainer for me. Nearly halved my payment.

Interesting though. The dealer told me they have sold 3 2016 Rebels so far and they take 8 weeks. They ordered 5 Rebels for stock last July (2015) and they still haven't received them.

I think the Rebel is an experiment for FCA. They certainly don't seem interested in keeping up with demand or keeping with their design. (Black headlight bezels anyone?)
I too think the REBEL is an experiment. You can see the Fiat Italian designers starting to impress on the RAM brand. This is them dipping their toes in the water by dropping the cross hairs, adding some more muscle back into the stance. I feel like the 2017/2018 RAM redesign that they have planned will echo the rebel in many many ways. Ironically tho I don't think the rebel will be replaced for a while. Much like the RAPTOR kept its own image even tho the F150 had many face lifts.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah. Just high enough to hurt a little if you back out..don't get me started on those black bezels...lol
Ugh...so I'm currently going back and forth with dealer and FCA on the bezels

1 - 20 of 45 Posts