Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I am getting ready to trade my 2020 big horn in on a 2022 rebel. I am trying to decide in air suspension. I live in West Virginia...so the winters aren't horrible. My question is about height. I know the rebel is already 1 inch higher than the big horn. I think the rebel has 4 height adjustments. Would one of them get me to the same height as my big horn?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard the Rebel with air suspension at max height is taller than a Rebel without the air suspension. I also heard the air suspension doesn’t like the cold.

I just got my 2022 Rebel diesel, love it! I looked into the air suspension myself but the sales guy talked me out of it, too many issues with our cold climate and road salt here. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I need some help. I am getting ready to trade my 2020 big horn in on a 2022 rebel. I am trying to decide in air suspension. I live in West Virginia...so the winters aren't horrible. My question is about height. I know the rebel is already 1 inch higher than the big horn. I think the rebel has 4 height adjustments. Would one of them get me to the same height as my big horn?
I'm in upstate NY and have a factory ordered custom built 2019 RAM Rebel 12 Crew Cab, with RamBoxes and Air Ride. I took delivery on December 15, 2018. Our winters are cold, summers are hot. I've had my fair share of issues with this truck (currently, I'm dealing with defective RamBox lid replacements since July). I've had no issues with my Air Ride suspension whatsoever. I always set it to max height when I park, in the event something happens while parked like a shopping cart encounter for example, I have a much better chance of fairing less damage by hitting a bumper or my running boards. I love the Air Ride and on max height, it is noticeably higher than a stock Rebel. I live mine and highly recommend it!!!
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle

Reactions: Juddbudd

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you ever plan on lifting it, go with the coil springs. Much easier and cheaper....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I heard the Rebel with air suspension at max height is taller than a Rebel without the air suspension. I also heard the air suspension doesn’t like the cold.

I just got my 2022 Rebel diesel, love it! I looked into the air suspension myself but the sales guy talked me out of it, too many issues with our cold climate and road salt here. Hope this helps.
Sales guys typically don't know what they're talking about service wise. Honesty, if you're concerned, talked to the service manager at a couple different dealerships and ask how many of them they've had in. When I see sales guys trying to talk people out of something it's usually for one of two reasons.

1. They don't have one with that option in stock and they're trying to sell you what they want to, not what you want... or;
2. They "heard" it's bad from someone.

There's a few reasons I've been factory ordering all my new vehicles since 2010. I'm not in a hurry and I get exactly what I want, color, options and being beat on during test drives or being transferred from one dealership to another. Just my two cents.
I love my Rebel and I love the Air Ride. The entry/exit height is perfect for my oldest of four dogs to get in and out on his own still!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love the air suspension on my 2017 Rebel. No issues. Super smooth ride. Advantages: Drops to a low-rider when needed to load heavy cargo or helping grandfather into the cab. Raises high for those 4x4 adventures. Adjust for heavy payloads in the bed. Aero height for better gas milage on the highway. Disadvantage: If you want to lift your trunk, it can be a hassle. From what I read it is not great in cold places like North Dakota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in upstate NY and have a factory ordered custom built 2019 RAM Rebel 12 Crew Cab, with RamBoxes and Air Ride. I took delivery on December 15, 2018. Our winters are cold, summers are hot. I've had my fair share of issues with this truck (currently, I'm dealing with defective RamBox lid replacements since July). I've had no issues with my Air Ride suspension whatsoever. I always set it to max height when I park, in the event something happens while parked like a shopping cart encounter for example, I have a much better chance of fairing less damage by hitting a bumper or my running boards. I love the Air Ride and on max height, it is noticeably higher than a stock Rebel. I live mine and highly recommend it!!! View attachment 32176
View attachment 32175
I have that quote on my classroom wall.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have that quote on my classroom wall.
That's awesome. Hopefully your students can apply it to some situations from their own lives. Life is really just that simple! I can't imagine being a teacher these days. Thank you for your dedication to our future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts