21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Still some great looking vehicles

·
Registered
105 Posts
You and I have very similar expectations. I bought my Rebel as a secondary towing/daily driver to keep miles off my Rubicon. All these vehicles have their limitations and expectations. The Rebel and Rubicon both satisfy my needs on their own way. IMO it's the best combo for my needs. I recently spent the weekend in PA deer hunting in the Rebel and it handled fire roads that were extremely sloppy, muddy, rutty, with inclines just as well as my Jeep. I was very impressed and surprised. My past pickup was a Chevy Silverado (which I liked very much) BUT wouldn't have had the confidence on those trails. Very happy with my choice so far. 1300 miles in the first (2) weeks. 4wd and tires work great for my needs so far!
Nice looking set up! Glad to have a fellow Jeep-er/Rebel-er on here. Have you seen AEV's new Kalta wheels for Ram? They're very similar to your Savegre's.

American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Kit, V8 HEMI, Aftermarket Jeep Conversions, Products, Wheels, Accessories and Highline Kits for Jeeps (TJ, JK, WK, XK).

My next additions are a Front Runner Slimline II, Decked truck bed storage (which should be here by next week), and an ARB air kit.

http://www.frontrunneroutfitters.co...ont-runner-slimline-ii-rack-kit-load-bed.html
http://www.decked.com/
ARB Twin High Performance 12 Volt Portable Air Compressor (CKMTP12)

She'll be a recovery beast once I get a winch on her!

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Kaltas are real nice...

Not sure what mods I'm gonna do to the Rebel yet. It would be cool if I could bolt up my Jeep wheels on the Rebel. I have a 2nd set of Black Savegres with 35s sitting in the garage.

I love having a Rubicon and a Rebel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Parked next to a Ford Raptor yesterday. I have to say, the Raptor is a bad ass looking truck. If I was a dedicating myself to offloading, that would have been the truck of choice. However, I need the space for family and on road truck duties. Bottom line...I'm very happy with my Rebel.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Parked next to a Ford Raptor yesterday. I have to say, the Raptor is a bad ass looking truck. If I was a dedicating myself to offloading, that would have been the truck of choice. However, I need the space for family and on road truck duties. Bottom line...I'm very happy with my Rebel.
Raptor is kinda like a remote control toy that you can drive...the Rebel is a bit more practical as you've pointed out

Reactions: BCT

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love my 16' rebel but the guy is right, rebel is more competition for the FX4 and TRD Pro than a raptor. The TRD pro actually does better in almost every area.
It's just an upgrade to the 1500 line.
The Ram runner is a better comparison for high speed. And 2 locked axles on the power wagon can not be beat (factory).
I am disappointed with the 235mm rear axle. Factory LSD is all that is out there. The front isn't much better and I hear it has a weak aluminum housing.
But it's fun to drive. Handy to give 1- 1 1/2 inches of lift at the button push.
4x works surprizingly well (even with the open diff on mine).
Raising and lowering the rear is handy on oddball trailers that won't go high enough.
I don't know why they put the xfer case skid plate 2 inches lower than the xfer case (smh). And the air pump and wiring is all exposed on the frame under the driver seat. Someone didn't think that threw.
But the motor 8 speed and computet is a perfect match. It always shifts when and how I want it too.
My 08 with posi did great in the deep snow so I'm hoping this one will be as good or better.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I get the whole "off road" thing. I didn't buy my Rebel for the ultimate 4x4. It's is bit more capable than the average 1500 etc. and much more than my Silverado was. The ride is great, plenty of room for what I want, and it's practical for my needs. It was never a vehicle built to compete with the Raptor anyway. It's an enhanced package of the 1500 line and I knew that going in.

In regards to 4x4 balls... I have a built up Jeep Rubicon that would bury a Raptor any day

·
Registered
276 Posts
The reviewer captured our reasoning for the Rebel for our purchase.
We need a truck in our family mainly for the road with the odd excursion off road, the Rebel serves us as our family vehicle in as much as we want to go get the groceries, vacations and also hitting the landfill sites with rubbish.
We traded a 2015 Charger and an Avalanche to combine the best of both worlds with one vehicle, this cuts dual insurance, multiple tags and brings with it the power we wanted in a normal sedan but inserted into this truck.

My wife was nervous changing her Charger to the Rebel but has not looked back once since the swap, so, all happy in our house :)

I don't honestly think that comparing the Rebel to the Raptor is a real apples to apples scenario, the Raptor is a fantastic vehicle for off roading with limited on road appeal (price wise) whereas the Rebel is fantastic on road and has more than the Raptors on road appeal when off roading, if you get my drift

·
Registered
105 Posts
I get the whole "off road" thing. I didn't buy my Rebel for the ultimate 4x4. It's is bit more capable than the average 1500 etc. and much more than my Silverado was. The ride is great, plenty of room for what I want, and it's practical for my needs. It was never a vehicle built to compete with the Raptor anyway. It's an enhanced package of the 1500 line and I knew that going in.

In regards to 4x4 balls... I have a built up Jeep Rubicon that would bury a Raptor any day
Hey BCT, that was my point also. My Rubi is purpose built and for that purpose there is nothing better.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Il
Parked next to a similarly styled Raptor this morning...totally biased, but mine looks better! ;-)
I'll Be biased with you

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd like to chime in if I may since I'm a....

I actually agree 100% with you.

I bought a Rebel because I wanted a truck with a good off road set up but nothing crazy as I'm not a prerunner. A Raptor is a better truck for prerunner then the Rebel. Now the Rebel IMO is better for daily use and towing.

I do worry about down the road the suspension BUT I will probably only have it for 3-5 years so I dont see me running into any issues.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love my Rebel!! Not gonna lie I've seen some pretty impressive Raptors. I do love the AUX panel on the Raptor. Very easy to add electrical accessories. Ultimately, we're comparing apples to oranges.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to Ford and there were no Raptors for 2016 so I looked at a F150 4x4 , FX4 and a few other different 150s.. All priced over 50k no incentives. I was Trading in my customized Jeep Wrangler 2 door.. Found a Rebel I liked started the paperwork and opps was already sold.. Dealer found another and it had Ram Boxes few extras for 51k ..kewl. I got 10k in incentives and 4500 over Blue Book for my Jeep..So after Taxes about 42k out the door..I love the look of the Raptors awsome offroad truck !! But I can only compare the Great looking Rebel to the BOXY looking F150 and I got a great deal. No brainer for me.Very happy so far. Raptors Vs Rebels = Apples Vs Oranges

Reactions: johnj

·
Registered
258 Posts
Similarly equipped, I was looking at $60k for the raptor with no incentives. MSRP on my rebel was $53k, $12.5k in incentives. $20k in the rebel would put a bds 6" coilover kit, 37's, and a supercharger. I like the look of the rebel more than the raptor, love the sound of the hemi (no fake sound in the cab needed), and I got burned by my 06 super duty that had all of the common 6.0 problems and would rather not buy another ford anyway.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.