Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some upgrades today. New LED cargo lamps, CHMSL lamp, license plate lamps, and the Ram Rebel sticker.
Need to do the back up bulbs and interior lights next

its like owning a Jeep all over again. Mods, Mods, Mods.. I'm getting too old for this!
Todd
Rebel decal and LED cargo lights.jpg
Rebel decal and LED cargo lights 2.jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Would like more info about the LED swaps. Did you need resistors or were they plug and play? Bulb numbers and where did you get them?CHMSL? What is that?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
google says:

Acronym, Definition. CHMSL, Center High-Mount Stop Light (on back of a motor vehicle)

and you don't need resistors for LED bulbs

·
Registered
98 Posts
Google, go figure.... I'm a d$$$$$s...

·
Registered
98 Posts
How difficult was it to swap them out? You have part numbers for the bulbs?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You can just google the OEM bulb number with the term "LED" alongside it and find millions of options. If you don't know the OEM bulb designation, you can look in your manual, or here in the sticky note.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have advice for a beam angle for the license plate lights? I put leds from superbrightled.com and ordered the 360 beam angle but it washes out my reverse camera and lights up the whole middle of my tailgate. I know they make some different angles such as 90, 180, 220. Just wondering if anyone found the perfect one

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Love the bright led lights. As for the sticker, I guess one more way to advertise that's it's a ram can't be overkill.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone have advice for a beam angle for the license plate lights? I put leds from superbrightled.com and ordered the 360 beam angle but it washes out my reverse camera and lights up the whole middle of my tailgate. I know they make some different angles such as 90, 180, 220. Just wondering if anyone found the perfect one
I used red side marker LEDs for my license plate lights. Don't get the wash out. And looks cool

1 - 15 of 15 Posts