Ram Rebel Forum banner

Ram Rebel vs Tundra TRD Pro

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CoopInTX 
#1 ·
What are yalls thoughts?

#5 ·
I can definitely say that when comparing any RAM 1500 to any Tundra, the RAM has so much more going for it. Value, options, standard features, capability etc. I do have both. I daily drive my Rebel and my father is currently using my tundra. Night and day difference. I actually can't stand driving the tundra anymore (I get grumpy while driving it).

And when it comes to driving so much, like I do. The tundra averages right around 13 mpg city, and I get around 16-17 mpg city with my rebel. It makes a difference when you drive roughly 1,000 miles minimum per week

#8 ·
The Ram interior >>> the Tundra interior in my opinion. Power is basically equal, but on road manners are much tidier in the Ram. Neither is stellar for legit off-roading (deep mud, rock crawling) but the Ram comes with bigger tires and more sidewall. Plus Rams are more negotiable on price. So the only real advantage of the Tundra is resale.

The Tacoma and 4Runner offer more off-road but not a direct comparison (Full discloser, I love the 4Runner and have owned two). For the full-sizers, the Ram really offers a lot more for the money.

#9 ·
I spent a lot of time last year on this, and most of what I found has already been stated but what my decision came down to.

The Rebel was WAY more negotiable on price.
The interior of the Rebel is nicer.
There are more doodads in the Rebel, including the Ram Boxes, the Air Suspension.
I liked the Electronics (Uconnect) more on the Rebel, the one thing the Tundra had that I would have liked, is there is no cellular modem in the Tundra, it pairs with your phone and uses that for Cellular data.

I found the power and ride to be similar on the road.

The Tundra I drove had the Factory Cat back system, so it did sound nicer than the Rebel, but that will change I'm sure once I do something with my exaust.

#10 ·
Having just traded in a HEAVILY modded TRD PRO Tundra, I can tell you my preference. I went from a Raptor to the PRO and just never liked it (Ford pissed me off trying to gouge me on a new one at $15K over MSRP, so I told them to go screw). It felt stripped down, and just basic. I spent a ton trying to make myself happy with it, but finally just called it. Loving my Rebel, but anxiously hoping for the TRX!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.