Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new Ram Rebel in Sept 2016. Everything was great up to the point when the weather started to get cold --live in OH. All four windows started to malfunction during the cold weather. The widows keep getting frozen -even after warming up the vehicle they wouldn’t go down after pushing the button up and down. Finally the window did lower after pushing the button, but it just completely dropped straight down into the door frame. Took the vehicle to the dealer to fix the problem on all four windows. The dealer indicated that in cold weather the clips holding the window snap if there's to much resistance. So, I'm now on my fourth trip to the dealer to fix the windows every time the temperature gets below 32 F. Ram needs to figure out this problem; otherwise DO Not buy this vehicle if you live in cold weather.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I live in upstate NY, quite cold and very snowy. Truck is parked outside in all of the elements, No issues with a little maintenance myself before driving off, have they been frozen up? Sure Have, so did my Chevy. Take your little window scraper out and go to the window, remove any ice at seal edge, then put corner of scraper tool to the bottom seal and pull seal edge off of window and go down the seal along bottom edge of window. That should free your window and allow it to operate.

Unless you are some how getting copious amounts of water inside of your doors on your window assemblies and that is freezing then idk what you do. But the solution should be as simple as my suggestion, it sure does work here where it's winter for 5 months out of the year.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have owned every viehicle make and live where it's below zero eight months of the year. I have window deflectors on all four, and never have them freeze if I do this. When parking in freezing weather, go all the way up then give the down button a tap. Just enough to take the pressure off but not enough to actually have the window open. Just like tickling a cl!t.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had my drivers window freeze shut a couple weeks ago. I pushed the button two or three times and the window didn't move, but i heard the motor whine. I came out from work at lunch and the window was half down. The window would not go up and down properly or stay up. I would periodically drop and I feared breaking the glass. I found a local dealer that could get me in the next day. They said there are 2 clips on the windows on the Ram trucks and 1 had popped open. He told me that the windows are set up so that the truck will only try so long to move them and not to try and rock the button up and down to get them moving.
I live in Iowa and had no problems last year even on the coldest of days, but rarely open the windows if its not nice out. I park outside almost all the time and now I just don't use the window until the truck is good and heated up or coming out of the garage. I won't ever try more than once to open a window again and I won't rock the window button.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I live in Illinois. I've seen a lot of car windows freeze shut over the years. Ice storms are the worst, but hard-driven freezing rain, and even just snow melt refrozen in seals can cause it. The regulators are all different. Some are cable, some use plastic gears. I had one snap a gear once because of extreme cold. The newer ones are smarter, thankfully, but it's still easy to break something. Glad for you that it was just a little clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.