Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any issues with the install? I spoke with them a couple months back right after my purchase and they said they were working on possible software issues that occurred on some installs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problems. Keep in mind I had to take my Rebel into the dealership after the install due to a fitting and a bag failing which caused some nitrogen to be lost. My installer blames the fitting failing for the issue. My dealer was difficult to deal with because of the lift kit being installed and the vehicle not being stock any more. After finally convincing them to recharge the air suspension pressure they informed me that the sensors were all off causing the system to go into lock mode. In order to fix the problem the tech had to recalibrate all 4 sensors to accommodate for the lift kit. It took approximately 4 hours to complete and $125 for the labor. BDS told me that what I went through wasn't the norm and that their kit will work without problems as long as there are no issues during the install. So, you may or may not need to go to the dealer after installing the kit. It just depends on what happens during the install. They also assured me that their fittIng was more than strong enough to handle the pressure in the line. I guess I just got a defected fitting. Hopefully this is the case because I do not want to have to go through the hassle and cost again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ARALPH30 expect to pay around 1K for the install, plus the price of the kit and either wheel spacers or new wheels. You can use the stock tires if you just buy new wheels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Rangerhughes I just used the original 33" Toyo tires for now. It didn't make sense to waste good rubber and spend another 2K for 35" tires. When they wear out I will upgrade to 35" tires.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If you don't have a lot of miles on the stock tires, guys seem to have pretty good luck selling them. Same with the wheels. The wheels are about $500/ea new from Ram, they're not cheapies. So the resale price is good.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No problems. Keep in mind I had to take my Rebel into the dealership after the install due to a fitting and a bag failing which caused some nitrogen to be lost. My installer blames the fitting failing for the issue. My dealer was difficult to deal with because of the lift kit being installed and the vehicle not being stock any more. After finally convincing them to recharge the air suspension pressure they informed me that the sensors were all off causing the system to go into lock mode. In order to fix the problem the tech had to recalibrate all 4 sensors to accommodate for the lift kit. It took approximately 4 hours to complete and $125 for the labor. BDS told me that what I went through wasn't the norm and that their kit will work without problems as long as there are no issues during the install. So, you may or may not need to go to the dealer after installing the kit. It just depends on what happens during the install. They also assured me that their fittIng was more than strong enough to handle the pressure in the line. I guess I just got a defected fitting. Hopefully this is the case because I do not want to have to go through the hassle and cost again.
thanks for the good write up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts