·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thought about doing this but heard there were allot of software issues. Keep us updated looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
I put one in my 17. Not perfect and you lose some access to settings but it shows promise.

Costomer servoce it typical for chinese products. I got mine from phoenixandroidradios.com. not a bad guy to deal with, out of california but he still has to deal with the chinese manufacturers.

I know the mustang guys have jailbroke these and have done custom stuff but i am not that good with computers.

Buy an extension cable for the wifi antanae, it doesnt pick up crap from under the dash. The factory xm ant and the 911 stuff on the mirror will no longer work. You also will not be able to use the cell phone app any more.

I still have some isues with the comunication with the dash and some sound issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Good info, thanks. I agree, as they become more and more popular they will add the other features and it should intergrate with vehicle once they get the pcm stuff down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
They dont seem really interested in making it better on their own. They will work on issues if they are simple and dont require much work. They dont seem interested in fixing any big issues. For me the main reason i got it was for the ability to have android and download apps and watch movies.

·
Registered
120 Posts
No, you keep that, i had to change a setting to get it but it does work. The temp readout is a little messed up, one of the probbems i have had.

The sound is better with stock unit, i dont think it uses the sub to its potential.

Even with its problems it is nice if i am stuck sitting somewhere to be able to watch movies or whatever.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No, you keep that, i had to change a setting to get it but it does work. The temp readout is a little messed up, one of the probbems i have had.

The sound is better with stock unit, i dont think it uses the sub to its potential.

Even with its problems it is nice if i am stuck sitting somewhere to be able to watch movies or whatever.
I watch youtube through the android auto on the stock. Im thinking thats enough for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe it’s a noob perspective, but I just pair my tablet to the WiFi and watch movies on that. No need to lose half the functions I just paid a fortune for and can pass it off to the brat in the back seat if we’re rolling. Good enough for me. I don’t wanna sit bent sideways looking at a screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking at doing this. But my main concern is the air suspension. Do you keep the functions available through the stock head unit?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts