Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger side rambox lid will not open, you can feel the locking mech inside moving with the key but when you press in the knob the latch does not release, It going in next week, I can only imagine how the dealership is going to get it open.

Also front bumper needs to be adjusted, it sticks out further to the passenger side and also the gap front it to the headlight on the same side is about 3x bigger that the driver side making it look very crooked when looking at it from the front.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Good luck on the Ram box...and welcome to the club on the bumper...wonder who hasn't had that fixed as it seems just about everyone has had a bumper misalignment.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Passenger side rambox lid will not open, you can feel the locking mech inside moving with the key but when you press in the knob the latch does not release, It going in next week, I can only imagine how the dealership is going to get it open.

Also front bumper needs to be adjusted, it sticks out further to the passenger side and also the gap front it to the headlight on the same side is about 3x bigger that the driver side making it look very crooked when looking at it from the front.
For the ram box lock your car, then unlock it and it should open. I have had that happen when I don't push the lock all the way in and the lock gets stuck in the middle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
For the ram box lock your car, then unlock it and it should open. I have had that happen when I don't push the lock all the way in and the lock gets stuck in the middle.
I had a similar issue with the truck being locked as the RamBox button was stuck half way in. The fob didn't remedy it, its the only time a key has been used on my truck so far.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had issues with the RAM box when I first got my truck, service department was completely dumbfounded by it ended up keeping my truck for a week...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got mine back from repair yesterday, they had to drill out the lock and replace it with a new one, the tech said the arm where it makes contact with the release lever is a poor design and has a rounded edge that can cause it to completely slip off the other, he said he grinded off some of the roundness so it has better bite. time will tell if it stays fixed

Also bumper is aligned now as they said one side was all the way pushed up and the other was down.

Reactions: Gismo

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good result, i'm gonna have a look at my ram locks to see if i can improve them the same way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts