Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people this is for owners with push to start keyfob version

Iam an automotive Engineer and just bought a new ram rebel ,

I have found that the truck can be started with no keyfob inside or keyfob being near by the truck, and you can drive with no key as well as ram wont display that the key is out of the vehicle .

try this , go inside the truck with the keyfob in your pocket hit the push to start button without press the brake , the push to start will display ACC light on, however the truck will be off . Then you can walk away with the key and the ram being off , and then anybody can start the truck even if the key is not near or present . so if you press by accident 2 times the push to start button when turning off the truck , this will take it to ACC mode , which will let the ram

I went back to the dealership and told them about them and they say nothing was wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just tried it on my 2017 and it worked as Luistx has described. I did it twice and to verify my fob was out of range I shut off the truck and tried to restart it and it showed the message "no fob detected". I'm heading to the dealer to discuss this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went to the dealership and showed them. They seemed to think it was an issue, not normal. I don't believe that this is limited to just luistx and my trucks.

My biggest concern is that this is exploitable by the thieves....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Well if you really think about it: thieves have their own set of special tools and don't really need your fob. And 2, how many times have you done the steps the op described? Prior to this I never once did that. Never had a reason.

Not that big of a deal to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.