Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a lot of older posts on this with no real solutions. I have a new Rebel with 6K. At around 3K I noticed an intermittent buzz like rattle from either the driver door panel, A pillar, or dash. It would act up at highway speeds with slight vibration, like an asphalt road, but I could also get it to rattle around town.
First thought it was the plastic on the door panels, then checked the other online culprits (wheel well liners, loose wires, etc.). The engine hood liner also rattled similar when it was tapped from the underside, but none of these were causing the noise. Finally reached up and noticed that just under the front left speaker there is a large molded housing that covers the firewall and wraps around the side. It runs just under that speaker, and has a cable or wire harness running behind it (between plastic & steel frame). I stuffed a small shop rag between the two and the rattle is gone (attached pic for temporary fix). Looks like this area can also be reached by removing the 3.5" speaker. Its not a great picture, but you can see the blue rag up by the speaker.
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Automotive tire Electrical wiring

1 - 1 of 1 Posts