Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to show the progress and upgrades I have done to my rebel so far.
Upgrades-

60" Redline tailight bar
Reese Skull Cover(lights up on tail lights and brighter on brake light)
Tinted front windows to match back and also had darker tint windshield visor installed
Weather Tech window vent visors
Auxbeam 52" Led Light bar
N-Fab Light bar mounts
Painted the front "RAM" logo Red
Side "REBEL" logo-(I drew cut and applied myself) First time I have ever done this
Windshield "REBEL" Logo
Mopar trifold tonneau cover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle
Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

Upgrades for the future-

Light bar for front bumper
Bedliner the front Silver skid plate
Automatic Step bars
6" lift kit(When they make one that works with the air bag system)
Red and black aftermarket rims with larger tires
Maybe front and rear bumpers
Spray in bed liner
Rear Led lights
Blacked out headlights and tail lights

Some before and after pics

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Sad to say yes the light bar has wind noise. I love the way it looks, but hate the noise. Wondered if the curved light bar would make the noise.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, I had those mounts. WORSE decision of my life. I mean it is soon loud. I changed my mounts and got them inside the door rather than on the on top of the roof. COMPLETELY SILENT!
Hey Jack what light and mount did you use? Silent is what I want if I'm driving for two days strait.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang I thought it was the light. I may have to look into getting different mounts. Will have to find ones that have the same mounting holes. I'm not drilling any more hole in my roof. lol

·
Banned
246 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to show the progress and upgrades I have done to my rebel so far.
Upgrades-

60" Redline tailight bar
Reese Skull Cover(lights up on tail lights and brighter on brake light)
Tinted front windows to match back and also had darker tint windshield visor installed
Weather Tech window vent visors
Auxbeam 52" Led Light bar
N-Fab Light bar mounts
Painted the front "RAM" logo Red
Side "REBEL" logo-(I drew cut and applied myself) First time I have ever done this
Windshield "REBEL" Logo
Mopar trifold tonneau cover

View attachment 1619 View attachment 1620 View attachment 1619
View attachment 1620 View attachment 1621 View attachment 1622 View attachment 1623 View attachment 1624 View attachment 1625 View attachment 1626 View attachment 1627 View attachment 1628 View attachment 1629 View attachment 1630 View attachment 1631
Upgrades for the future-

Light bar for front bumper
Bedliner the front Silver skid plate
Automatic Step bars
6" lift kit(When they make one that works with the air bag system)
Red and black aftermarket rims with larger tires
Maybe front and rear bumpers
Spray in bed liner
Rear Led lights
Blacked out headlights and tail lights

Some before and after pics
I like the look, very cool. Tell me what did you use to paint the Ram on the front grill with?
Did you have to remove it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Jack what light and mount did you use? Silent is what I want if I'm driving for two days strait.

Thanks
John
I have a rough country 50 inch light bar. yes the light bar is what makes the noise. but you can minimize it. get ADD offloads 50 inch light mounts and make sure they are 17 and an eighth up the windshield. or even better, get the light bar touching the windshield as best as you can. this makes it more aero dynamic and now my light bar is silent. also if your light bar is loud, twisting it up or down9(small slight ajjustments) can minimize it as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome. Thank you for the info. Im going to check into mounts and playing with the adjustment.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rebel.law. its matched paint (but to me it seems alittle darker) it base coat clear coat. I took them off and used scotchbrite to sciff them up and then used adhesive promoter and then 5 coats of red and about 5 coats of clear coat. 4 screw hold the grill at the top and 2 clips hold the bottom. You have to take the cover off where the hood latch is also. Once you have the grill off you snap the middle section out that way its easier to work on getting the letters off. There are these round metel push clips you need to pull off of each leter. If you use needle nose plyers and your fingers to remove them. You have to be careful because the plastic is thin and can break easy. Then paint the letters and replace everything in reverse. I never made a do it your self tutorial but as soon as I get some time i will try to make a post. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You could try to mask around them when they are on but it seemed like it may be difficult and it wasnt bad to take them off. I think i had everything apart and ready for paint in about 30mins.

·
Banned
246 Posts
Rebel.law. its matched paint (but to me it seems alittle darker) it base coat clear coat. I took them off and used scotchbrite to sciff them up and then used adhesive promoter and then 5 coats of red and about 5 coats of clear coat. 4 screw hold the grill at the top and 2 clips hold the bottom. You have to take the cover off where the hood latch is also. Once you have the grill off you snap the middle section out that way its easier to work on getting the letters off. There are these round metel push clips you need to pull off of each leter. If you use needle nose plyers and your fingers to remove them. You have to be careful because the plastic is thin and can break easy. Then paint the letters and replace everything in reverse. I never made a do it your self tutorial but as soon as I get some time i will try to make a post. Hope it helps.

No That Helps very well, I removed the top of the grill to get inside to install lights behind the grill, but then I removed them, as I didn't like the look.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad it helps. Im hoping this weekend to pull that front skid plate and spray with bed liner to get rid of that silver. Lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think just the skid plate. I need to get the bed sprayed but i will have that professionally done. Lol

·
Banned
246 Posts
Glad it helps. Im hoping this weekend to pull that front skid plate and spray with bed liner to get rid of that silver. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
I think just the skid plate. I need to get the bed sprayed but i will have that professionally done. Lol

Save money, buy a Mopar bed mat, or get a bed rug.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had fun figuring this out on my own when I plasti-dipped my letters.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Holding up perfect, and it's been there almost 3 months. Still looks brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts