Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can add the rear bed camera from a 2500 to the 1500?
I would like this option but was wondering if it would hook up to the current 8.4N radio in the Rebel.
2013-ram-2500-chmsl-camera.jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone know if you can add the rear bed camera from a 2500 to the 1500?
I would like this option but was wondering if it would hook up to the current 8.4N radio in the Rebel. View attachment 494
I don't see why it wouldn't...possibly need an input splitter ...unsure how the connections are made in the 8.4 since I haven't pulled the radio in a newer model

·
Registered
276 Posts
I kinda like the look of that, but, how do you switch from it to the tailgate camera for when you are backing up?

·
Registered
952 Posts
I would love to add a box camera for watching over cargo, however I was told my computer system is full when asking for remote start. IMO the people at ram prob figured that with all the mods that came standard that people would not be adding much to their Rebels, well, I'm proof that that theory is out the window.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It is full, from the dealer's perspective. They can't add more Mopar stuff to it. But there are mods out there for adding things to it. Can't guarantee those mods won't effect your warranty on the computer. Regs on modding electronics are not the same as regs on modding vehicles.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Ya most of the electronics mods immediately void the warranty. Oh well it's not an absolutely necessary thing, it would just be nice to keep an eye on things back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts