Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my Rebel won the battle with the sign, it was not without injury. No cracks, just scrape. Considering it's a different color than the body, I don't know there is a specific touch up paint. Maybe Rustoleum Trim and Bumper Paint? Suggestions?
bumper.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
This company makes excellent paint for our bumpers and also a textured Trim Black if ever you need to touch up textured black mirror holdings or trim.
For a scrape like yours, I'd spray some into a plastic cup and dab it on with a artist type paint brush. If that doesn't look good enough to you, I'd mask off that side of the bumper and dust it with the spray can.

Good luck!

Reactions: Baron

·
Registered
3 Posts
sadly today I scratched the rear bumper of my Rebel 2019..do you think the SEM will be good to fix this scratches?

·
Registered
62 Posts
sadly today I scratched the rear bumper of my Rebel 2019..do you think the SEM will be good to fix this scratches?

View attachment 30845
Yes! Be sure to sand it as best you can. Then get a dark primer to help build up any gouges. Lightly sand in between primer coats. Then SEM

One note about SEM, once the can is used, the texture kind of thins out if youkeep the can for mire than afew days once used. Don't get rid of it, just be aware it's a common observation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes! Be sure to sand it as best you can. Then get a dark primer to help build up any gouges. Lightly sand in between primer coats. Then SEM

One note about SEM, once the can is used, the texture kind of thins out if youkeep the can for mire than afew days once used. Don't get rid of it, just be aware it's a common observation.
Great!! Thanks..I'll keep you posted about the result!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Still one question, do you suggest to dab it on or spray it?
Personally, I would prep the area as best I could, tape and mask (with newspaper or plastic sheeting) the area and I would spray primer. If thengouges are deep, use a high build primer). Sand in between coats and then spray the textured black. If you
dab it, it will likely look like you dabbed it. If you spray it and feather it out several inches outside the actual damaged area, you're essentially fixing the damage and blending the damaged area into the rest of the bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts