Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in the dealership for the second time in a month for this. Anyone else having this issue, if so what was the fix because apparently they can’t figure it out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
What year is your truck? Also where is the leak coming from, is it a visual drip flow? I want to check mine but I haven't smelled like sitting water or musk smell like sitting water n e where

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What year is your truck? Also where is the leak coming from, is it a visual drip flow? I want to check mine but I haven't smelled like sitting water or musk smell like sitting water n e where

2019 rebel , visual drip around where the third brake light would be

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd check that gasket on the 3rd break light. Make sure nothing snuck down in there and moved that seal. Hopefully u get it resolved. Keep us posted

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had the same issue on my 2017. Both corners of the headliner as well as my seats were soaked. Dealer replaced the third brake light but wouldn’t replace the headliner.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
So it sounds like the 3rd brake light is the culprit. I have no leaks but good to know that when replacing the bulb, make sure gasket is in place!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I concur, 3rd brake light gasket. It's a very common problem on 4th gens. Looks like it made it into the 5th gens too. Bummer!

·
Registered
192 Posts
That sucks. Guess I better keep n eye out for wet spot in the liner then. Either that or make a gasket at work?!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd check that gasket on the 3rd break light. Make sure nothing snuck down in there and moved that seal. Hopefully u get it resolved. Keep us posted

So they had to re adjust the screws that hold the light in apparently, they didn’t change the gasket, so far so good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
So they had to re adjust the screws that hold the light in apparently, they didn’t change the gasket, so far so good.

What did they say though? I'm not sure there is a way to "adjust" those screws. They probably weren't tight enough. So basically they admitted they were not tight and put just a little bit more umphhh on the screws. Imagine if they would have charged you for that! That would piss me off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a leak in my 2019 Ram Limited, for the second time. I originally went in and they told me they would check for the leak with a smoke ? machine. I was told they found the leak and it was coming from the 3rd brake light. That the gasket was a split gasket and that there was a new gasket that would be replaced under warranty. I told them I think the rear window seal was probably the culprit but was assured they had fixed it. And they steam cleaned the headliner twice to remove the stains. Now I have another leaking problem and now the rear window is cracked right through on both sides of the rear slider. The headliner is stained again right up to the speakers in the headliner (I have the 19 speaker Harmon Cardon sound system). My guess is that the rear window seal is not sealing the window properly, and that the gap between the body and the window has filled with snow and melted then froze causing it to unseal the window and crack the plastic window frame. Check yours if it is cracked! My next question for my dealer is going to be about standing water inside my rear cab floor as spring is approaching and raining season is upon us, until the back ordered rear window comes in?

·
Registered
105 Posts
This has been a well-documented problem for a lot of 5th gen Ram 1500 owners, especially on 2019's. There are threads with tons of posts on the 5th gen Ram forum if you want to read more about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My damned truck is still at the dealership (inside and dry) a month now waiting for a SECOND WINDOW to be delivered because the first one came damaged (glass) ! The replacement is a revised 2020 design. They damaged the window frame during the manufacturing process installing it as I’m told !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a leak in my 2019 Ram Limited, for the second time. I originally went in and they told me they would check for the leak with a smoke ? machine. I was told they found the leak and it was coming from the 3rd brake light. That the gasket was a split gasket and that there was a new gasket that would be replaced under warranty. I told them I think the rear window seal was probably the culprit but was assured they had fixed it. And they steam cleaned the headliner twice to remove the stains. Now I have another leaking problem and now the rear window is cracked right through on both sides of the rear slider. The headliner is stained again right up to the speakers in the headliner (I have the 19 speaker Harmon Cardon sound system). My guess is that the rear window seal is not sealing the window properly, and that the gap between the body and the window has filled with snow and melted then froze causing it to unseal the window and crack the plastic window frame. Check yours if it is cracked! My next question for my dealer is going to be about standing water inside my rear cab floor as spring is approaching and raining season is upon us, until the back ordered rear window comes in?
So I work for a glass company that has been doing all the repair work for a few dealerships in the area. Most of the time it is the 3rd brake light but that is on all brands of trucks. They use a foam gasket and when it rains very hard it can't keep up and water will gain access into the cab. We fix this with silicone rtv. On the 19 and 20 rams there was a manufacturing flaw in the back window. The encapsulated part that bonds to the glass cracks allowing water in. The only way to fix it is to have to back window replaced. All of the ones I've have done have been under dealer warranty. If the headliner is messed up it will also get replaced. Dealerships don't do their own glass work and will out source it to a glass shop like the one I work for

·
Registered
68 Posts
And yes , they first said it was the gasket on the 3rd brake light and they siliconed it. A few days later, rear seat and carpet was wet again ! Closer inspection revealed that the rear window frame surround was cracked in 2 places ! So the window frame surround was the problem ! No more leaks !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sitting in the dealership for the second time in a month for this. Anyone else having this issue, if so what was the fix because apparently they can’t figure it out here.

I have a 2019 Rebel that too has a leak. I removed the high mount 3rd light and installed my own weather strip. I thought the problem was solved. Nope. So I removed the light again and re installed new weather stripping. Again it leaked. I taped off the entire light to isolate it. Again, it leaked. My guess is the rear window gasket is the problem...the headliner is dry

I also applied a bead of silicone to the satellite antenna since I noticed that gasket had shrunk??

I also noticed the black surround/frame of the rear window was cracked on either side of the sliding window.
I’ve contacted the Dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Rebel that too has a leak. I removed the high mount 3rd light and installed my own weather strip. I thought the problem was solved. Nope. So I removed the light again and re installed new weather stripping. Again it leaked. I taped off the entire light to isolate it. Again, it leaked. My guess is the rear window gasket is the problem...the headliner is dry

I also applied a bead of silicone to the satellite antenna since I noticed that gasket had shrunk??

I also noticed the black surround/frame of the rear window was cracked on either side of the sliding window.
I’ve contacted the Dealership.
Mine leaked from the passenger side top corner of the rear window. I took clear caulk and removed all the interior panels around the glass so i could run a bead around the whole window without seeing the caulk. I also had a leak in the front driver side pinch weld see attached video. I caulked the pinched as well and it didn't leak again for the next 10 months I kept the truck. Eventually traded the truck in had nothing but bad luck with that truck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts