Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine leaked from the passenger side top corner of the rear window. I took clear caulk and removed all the interior panels around the glass so i could run a bead around the whole window without seeing the caulk. I also had a leak in the front driver side pinch weld see attached video. I caulked the pinched as well and it didn't leak again for the next 10 months I kept the truck. Eventually traded the truck in had nothing but bad luck with that truck.
Thanks for the info and Video!! I’ll check the Pinch weld too:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I work for a glass company that has been doing all the repair work for a few dealerships in the area. Most of the time it is the 3rd brake light but that is on all brands of trucks. They use a foam gasket and when it rains very hard it can't keep up and water will gain access into the cab. We fix this with silicone rtv. On the 19 and 20 rams there was a manufacturing flaw in the back window. The encapsulated part that bonds to the glass cracks allowing water in. The only way to fix it is to have to back window replaced. All of the ones I've have done have been under dealer warranty. If the headliner is messed up it will also get replaced. Dealerships don't do their own glass work and will out source it to a glass shop like the one I work for
So I work for a glass company that has been doing all the repair work for a few dealerships in the area. Most of the time it is the 3rd brake light but that is on all brands of trucks. They use a foam gasket and when it rains very hard it can't keep up and water will gain access into the cab. We fix this with silicone rtv. On the 19 and 20 rams there was a manufacturing flaw in the back window. The encapsulated part that bonds to the glass cracks allowing water in. The only way to fix it is to have to back window replaced. All of the ones I've have done have been under dealer warranty. If the headliner is messed up it will also get replaced. Dealerships don't do their own glass work and will out source it to a glass shop like the one I work for
[/QUO
Do you know if the manufacturing flaw for the rear window rolled into the 2021's?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think it affected the 21’s? In fact, I think the dealer put in a 21’ window and replaced the 3rd brake light....all good so far!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why didn’t you have Ram replace it under warranty ? They know that they are faulty from the manufacturer !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I didn't know about this forum until today. When I took my truck into the dealership, they told me it was not covered under warranty. and I have no documentation to show that is it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As others have noted; look at the seal around the 3rd brake light. After one summer desert rain my back seat was soaked. Thought I left the rear window open. It was a very easy DIY fix and 2 years later the cab is water tight.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts