Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to vacuum under the rear seats and found water.. I'm not exactly sure where it came from but after checking things out I think my rear sliding window may be leaking with heavy rain.. Anyone else have this happen?

Q

·
0 Posts
I wonder if anyone makes a rear window visor, I remember them from back in the day on other vehicles, so maybe sear the internet to see if one can be installed, perhaps with 3M double sided tape.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just went to vacuum under the rear seats and found water.. I'm not exactly sure where it came from but after checking things out I think my rear sliding window may be leaking with heavy rain.. Anyone else have this happen?
Water under the rear seats is the sign that your third brake light is leaking at the roof. This is common on these trucks for years. Remove and add a small bead of clear silicone and you will be all set

·
Registered
332 Posts
Water under the rear seats is the sign that your third brake light is leaking at the roof. This is common on these trucks for years. Remove and add a small bead of clear silicone and you will be all set
This is common on not just these trucks but for almost all trucks. My 2004 F-150 had this issue too. The clear silicone works perfectly to fix it. I guess clear silicon is just too expensive to add to these trucks on the line.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
They do have a foam rubber seal behind them. It's always possible for the seal not to seat properly during installation, a bit of dust or heat can cause that.

This is a video on swapping the bulbs to LEDs, but it's a good video for seeing how to pop out the cargo light, plus you can see the seals and all the parts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The other option is to stop at a local hardware store(Lowes, Home Depot, etc.) and pick up some thicker foam to replace what was on there from the factory, think I paid $4 for 10ft which would be enough to do a couple lights. I've done this on my last two rams and have had no problems with leaking. Here is what I picked up for the rebel: Shop Frost King 0.375-in x 10-ft Black Closed-Cell Foam Window Weatherstrip at Lowes.com
I think I would avoid the silicone as it would be more difficult to remove the 3rd brake light if you need to replace/change something.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
If I had to take mine off, I'd replace the stock bulb with an LED bulb rather than replace the whole unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts