Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here ran it down the 1/4 mile yet? If you have post up your mods and density altitude!

My best time which is very disappointing to me is a [email protected] with a DA of 4300ft, my current mods are a Edge Pulsar, 87mm throttle body, Vararam intake and a carven exhaust. I'm also running 3.92 gears. I expected much more from it, I find it damn near impossible to launch these things. Maybe it's the air ride but it hops and bounces around like crazy, my 2014 Sport didn't do any of this. I'm throwing some catless longtubes along with a custom tune next spring to hopefully shave off some more time. I find it complete BS that guys are getting crew cabs into the 13's with a custom tune, intake and exhaust. Even with the DA conversion I'd be lucky to see high 14's. And there's no possible way a custom tune will net another full second off at the track.

Looking forward to some responses

·
Registered
952 Posts
It's going to void your warranty if you post racing times on any forums that FCA watch including this one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The air ride always gets blamed, tires are the biggest difference and biggest factor at the track in my opinion. All terrains are not great on the street let alone the track. Throw on a decent street tire and you'll easily be in the 14's.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
You'll need some head work and a cam to gain that 1 sec. It's a lot of weight to haul around.

Good luck.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm going to have to disagree with Zim on the head work and cam. Check out incredible hemi on you tube. He got his quad cab into the high 12's with the same mods you describe before he cammed it. A stock rebel with drag radials and a custom tune should run low 14's all day long.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The air ride always gets blamed, tires are the biggest difference and biggest factor at the track in my opinion. All terrains are not great on the street let alone the track. Throw on a decent street tire and you'll easily be in the 14's.
That time was with 33's, with 35's on I ran a 15.8. I also talked with the incredible hemi about the tires, I believe he runs 27" drag radials and he said with 33's he only lost a few tenths. I'm having a hard time understanding how he ran high 13's with a tune, intake and exhaust before he added the cam and headers. That's over a full second quicker than me, I also talked with another guy who races rams and he shaved off 4/10th's with a cam and a revised tune. Seems like it takes a lot more than I thought to lower those 1/4 times. I was thinking of buying some 305/50's or 285/55's with lots of tread on the ground next year to help since I was racing with a AT/MT luggy tire, with a better launch I'd expect a 15 sec flat with my current set up.

I'm getting tired of losing to bone stock eco boosts at the track or on the street haha. I always thought I had the advantage with the 8 speed and 3.92's, especially to the 6 speed eco boosts, those new 10 speeds are insanely quick from factory.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Familycruisin on YouTube was running 14.8's in his stock rebel in the video he just posted. With your list of mods, mid 14's should be doable. He quoted 2.0 60 foot times, what were you running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone on here ran it down the 1/4 mile yet? If you have post up your mods and density altitude!

My best time which is very disappointing to me is a [email protected] with a DA of 4300ft, my current mods are a Edge Pulsar, 87mm throttle body, Vararam intake and a carven exhaust. I'm also running 3.92 gears. I expected much more from it, I find it damn near impossible to launch these things. Maybe it's the air ride but it hops and bounces around like crazy, my 2014 Sport didn't do any of this. I'm throwing some catless longtubes along with a custom tune next spring to hopefully shave off some more time. I find it complete BS that guys are getting crew cabs into the 13's with a custom tune, intake and exhaust. Even with the DA conversion I'd be lucky to see high 14's. And there's no possible way a custom tune will net another full second off at the track.

Looking forward to some responses

Yea I got lots done to mine and I am at 6,700lb pushing 13.86 it’s been a min since I did that and now I got drags on and 4K stall so it should be lower like low 13 to high 12s

·
Registered
30 Posts
It’s all about the tune basically they remove torque management thru the Pcm and the truck will be a beast ,probably calls for different tires at least in the rear

·
Super Moderator
2020 Rebel Rambox
197 Posts
Only have enough gas in the tank to do the pull
Strip out anything that isn’t needed
Put a leaf blower on your air intake and have a tuner set you up to run about 12.5 rich (to compensate for the redneck turbo)

funny thing is we did this to an old ramcharger and the leaf blower picked up 27hp xD funniest thing at the track.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2017 Rebel 5.7 Crew - Rambox and AIr suspension - 6200 lbs with driver - 3.92 gears -4wd - LSD
Diablosport T2 w/ 89 Octane Hemifever Tune - Vararam Intake - Carven muffler - with AC on

I just ran a 5.96 0-60 and 14.73 @ 91 mpg 1/4 mile time (in 4 wheel drive lock)!! My old performance car-- 1993 Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T (16v intercooled Lotus 2.2l 4 cylinder w/ 224 hp) was at 6.2 0-60 and 14.7 1/4 mile times-- and weighed 3200 lbs.

in 2wd I lost traction almost every time-- best 0-60 in 2wd was 6.1!

I am not a racer- but for a 3 ton truck- I think I may want to be! ( I want to go faster!)

Color me impressed!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m wondering has anyone put smaller rims like 16 with a smaller sidewall tire on the rear to get faster

·
Registered
30 Posts
2017 Rebel 5.7 Crew - Rambox and AIr suspension - 6200 lbs with driver - 3.92 gears -4wd - LSD
Diablosport T2 w/ 89 Octane Hemifever Tune - Vararam Intake - Carven muffler - with AC on

I just ran a 5.96 0-60 and 14.73 @ 91 mpg 1/4 mile time (in 4 wheel drive lock)!! My old performance car-- 1993 Dodge Daytona Iroc R/T (16v intercooled Lotus 2.2l 4 cylinder w/ 224 hp) was at 6.2 0-60 and 14.7 1/4 mile times-- and weighed 3200 lbs.

in 2wd I lost traction almost every time-- best 0-60 in 2wd was 6.1!

I am not a racer- but for a 3 ton truck- I think I may want to be! ( I want to go faster!)

Color me impressed!
Most of what Hemifever does from what I know from challenger is take torque management off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most of what Hemifever does from what I know from challenger is take torque management off
Feels like it too... tires want to break loose all the time.. 2nd gear squawk at WOT in 4wd... figure I will break something any day now...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Feels like it too... tires want to break loose all the time.. 2nd gear squawk at WOT in 4wd... figure I will break something any day now...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I exploded my differential in my 15 5.7 challenger with drag radials on so yes it’s only as strong as the weakest link ..driveshaft.axles ,differential

1 - 18 of 18 Posts