Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Please i want to know if there is anyway to change the air suspension to spring or coil suspension? as King or icon
I did a lot of search and contact with some factory and i didn't find anything.
The air ride is not smooth as aftermarket suspension.

Thank you all for reading

·
Registered
258 Posts
Any aftermarket kit that includes new front struts and rear coils for a 2019 ram 1500 will work. The only additional part you’ll need is the rear coil spring isolators.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for your fast reply
Is it for sure?
and i didnt find rear coil spring isolators for ram 2019

Can you help me please to find best suspension can fit on 2019 and where can find the isolators

Best regards

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ram 1500 Isolator. Spring. Without [load leveling and height control] - 52855789AB | Mopar Parts Inc., Myrtle Beach SC
You’ll need 2, one for each side. Icon implies there kits will fit, but I’d call them and ask. Their coilovers are adjustable from .75” to 2.5” so you’d be able to level the truck to your liking. The only other kits I see that come with new coilovers and rear spring are 6” lift, which I’d go with bds personally. You could have just bought a rebel without air ride and saved yourself a fortune, but we live and learn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Strutmasters. The Air Suspension is dangerous. My 2015 model failed me when I was 2,000 miles from home pulling a camper. Dealers said they were awash with repair requests.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ram 1500 Isolator. Spring. Without [load leveling and height control] - 52855789AB | Mopar Parts Inc., Myrtle Beach SC
You’ll need 2, one for each side. Icon implies there kits will fit, but I’d call them and ask. Their coilovers are adjustable from .75” to 2.5” so you’d be able to level the truck to your liking. The only other kits I see that come with new coilovers and rear spring are 6” lift, which I’d go with bds personally. You could have just bought a rebel without air ride and saved yourself a fortune, but we live and learn.
Many many thanks
You helped me a lot
But sorry for disturbing you, as you know this will cost a lot, and i cant handle any mistake :)

You mean this suspension?
2019 Dodge / Ram 1500 Pickup w/o Air-Ride 6" lift kit 1637F | BDS Suspension
Can fit on my truck and need only 2 Isolators?

Is BDS is the same FOX suspension?
And i didn't find ICON suspension for 2019 ram

Yes as you said we live to learn :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes it will replace all air suspension. You will get a service air suspension warning light when you start the truck but that’s all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yes that bds kit works. The only thing required are the 2 rear spring isolators. Icon suspension kits say 2009 and up, being that it is 0-2.5” it’s just front struts and rear coils and shocks. I’d say those things didn’t change between the 2018 and 2019? At which point you’d still need isolators but you’d get much less lift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, new here, first post. I'm looking to purchase a 2019/2020 ram rebel. I'm fixed on getting the air suspension, I plan on getting the 3.92 gear, trailer package hoping to get the 11k tow rating.

Question is, is the air suspension also auto leveling? When I attach my travel trailer, will the back air ride raise itself to a level position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts