Ram Rebel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
That aligns with what my service guy told me too. Apparently they are very guarded about doing this for some reason (in my case they chose to replace hardware before taking this step). Guess I need to call them back to ask about the case with Star/Ram Engineering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Picked up truck yesterday - all good now. level heights all around are the same. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Picked up truck yesterday - all good now. level heights all around are the same. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix.
That's great - congrats! Did they tell you what they "officially" measured the height disparity to be? I brought mine into the dealer today for them to take measurements again, and even though the fender gap difference was about ¾" they told me that STAR has them measure at the control arms, and from there the difference was only 4mm.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Off of the invoice....
Tech Cause: perform complete fill on all springs when hanging
measure all corners on frame
lf-15"
rf-15"
rr-15.25
lr-14.5
Tech comments: re-calibrated air ride system - Warrenty

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Off of the invoice....
Tech Cause: perform complete fill on all springs when hanging
measure all corners on frame
lf-15"
rf-15"
rr-15.25
lr-14.5
Tech comments: re-calibrated air ride system - Warrenty
Thanks - looks like they take the measurements with the suspension at full droop while on a lift. Do you know what distance they're actually measuring? (As in, from where to where)
I'm concerned that my dealer did a half-assed measurement, so it'd be great to be able to show them how to properly measure/adjust if they try to tell me it's "within spec"

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks charbs - I would really appreciate it.

Your success in getting your dealer to resolve this may well become the template that the rest of us follow to try to get our own dealers to resolve our air ride issues. : )

·
Registered
2 Posts
The air suspension was one of the big reasons I decided to get the lifetime warranty since I tend to keep my trucks for a long time.
How to I get a lifetime warranty. I bought mine used with 3200 miles on it and I can only get a 100,000 warranty.....and something tells me that the 100,000 warranty isn't bumper to bumper. I have a 2017 Rebel Black

·
Registered
127 Posts
How to I get a lifetime warranty. I bought mine used with 3200 miles on it and I can only get a 100,000 warranty.....and something tells me that the 100,000 warranty isn't bumper to bumper. I have a 2017 Rebel Black
You have to be the original owner I believe. You might be able to get it if it's certified pre-owned but I'm not sure. Talk to your dealer if you bought it from one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks charbs - I would really appreciate it.

Your success in getting your dealer to resolve this may well become the template that the rest of us follow to try to get our own dealers to resolve our air ride issues. : )
How did your air suspension issue get resolved? My two week old Rebel is now doing the driver lean...

·
Registered
335 Posts
How did your air suspension issue get resolved? My two week old Rebel is now doing the driver lean...
My dealer eventually dialed in the ride height settings in the suspension software, and it's been good ever since. Even though adjusting settings seems like the simplest fix, your dealer may try other things first...and they need to engage Ram engineering ("Star") before touching the software settings.

My suggestion is to take measurements from the fender to the ground at each corner, and take pics of each measurement to share with the your service rep. Make sure the truck is on level ground when you take measurements, because the service bays at the dealer are likely to be level, and it will be good if they can replicate your numbers when they do their own measurements. They know what the ride height numbers at each corner are supposed to be, so don't worry about providing them target specs.

And keep in mind that when the truck is on uneven ground, it adjusts rear ride height according to how it thinks is best to load balance, which doesn't necessarily translate to what "looks" level. So even now, my truck might look like it's leaning a bit when parked on uneven ground...but at times it might lean toward the passenger side too, so it's "centered".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks DVC. Hopefully I convince the service department to go directly to the engineers right away instead of trying to do this on their own.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well I'm new to the community and in Fort Worth, Texas. I bought a used 2017 Rebel and loving it. However, after being asked by several friends and even a stranger what was wrong with my truck or "do you have a flat?" i started to notice that it was leaning tot he driver side. Measured 3/4 difference on the front and 1 1/4 on the rear. Took to dealer and explained the problem (after researching here and elsewhere). Well no one there had ever seen this problem. At least that is what they told me. Told me they did the reset, but was still a 1/2 inch off. Anyone have any more information on the cause of this? Also, can anyone share the name of dealer service department that has fixed this problem on their truck. I really hate wasting time at places that don't know what to do.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well I'm new to the community and in Fort Worth, Texas. I bought a used 2017 Rebel and loving it. However, after being asked by several friends and even a stranger what was wrong with my truck or "do you have a flat?" i started to notice that it was leaning tot he driver side. Measured 3/4 difference on the front and 1 1/4 on the rear. Took to dealer and explained the problem (after researching here and elsewhere). Well no one there had ever seen this problem. At least that is what they told me. Told me they did the reset, but was still a 1/2 inch off. Anyone have any more information on the cause of this? Also, can anyone share the name of dealer service department that has fixed this problem on their truck. I really hate wasting time at places that don't know what to do.

Bonham Chrysler fixed mine. A bit of a drive from Ft Worth.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I noticed yesterday when I was driving that something felt off, like i was leaning a little bit to the left, didn't think much more of it and went about my business. Later in the day I was coming out of the grocery store and sure enough it's sitting noticeably higher in the back on the passenger side. Tried cycling the suspension but it just remained higher in all 4 settings. Guess I'll be making an appointment at the dealership soon. Kinda disappointing due to the fact that the truck has less than 6k miles on it.
On the bright side I guess I can have them fix the cruise control while it's at the dealership.
I'm really hoping this isn't a sign of things to come. I did invest in the 100k warranty but I drive so much that will most likely be up in less than 3 years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
3 things I have noticed with the air suspension.

1. If I park and get out of the truck - then instantly check the height it is never really perfectly even on all for corners. probably because none the ground i park on is perfectly level (likely the case for most vehicles in general). I noticed it usually takes anywhere from 10-30minutes before the truck will auto level after I park and turn the truck off. So if you check the truck later it appears to be sitting much closer to level from side to side and or leveled. I am not sure what the manual says about this.....just my observation.

2. I used the key fob to select the truck into entry/exit mode - but then interrupt the lowering process by opening the door. Then started the truck and raised the suspension - after I parked the truck and turned it off.....the truck lowered to entry exit mode from off road mode after 5-10 minutes without giving the command using key fob.

3. If you read to much on this forum then stare at your truck for more than 5 minutes. you will always convince yourself you "think" you have the issue you read about.

so far no issues with the air suspension.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Air ride is a ticking time bomb. Warranty up, it can get expensive. Every dealer says "We've never seen this problem!"... even if there are 10 air ride trucks lined up behind you at the service entrance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am going to make a thread called "air suspension is amazing #loveit" - just to see how fast vader posts a negative comment in it haha

Just a joke! I know you haven't been happy with the air suspension.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been measuring mine since my original post in a variety of situations and a variety or settings. Each time the right side has sat anywhere from .5" to 1.5" higher. .5" and under really isn't very noticeable at all but when it's an inch and a half it really sticks out. I'm going out of town on business for the next 8 days so I figured I'd go ahead and drop it off at the dealership and have them take a look and fix the cruise control issue while it's there. (5 minute programming update if you haven't done it already.)
I'll let you guys know what the dealership says once I get it back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am going to make a thread called "air suspension is amazing #loveit" - just to see how fast vader posts a negative comment in it haha

Just a joke! I know you haven't been happy with the air suspension.
Fair enough. But the amount of owners having problems speaks for itself. And I've always added, if I lived south of the border, I would never have a reason to complain, air ride in theory is awesome.

Reactions: Dohaywood77
21 - 40 of 53 Posts