Ram Rebel Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The tech working on mine called today and said there was no fix. I guess I'll be calling the service manager in the morning.
Mine has been in the shop now for the same issue three times. They delivered it back to me today 7/25 worse than when they picked it up on 7/12. I emailed the findings on this forum about Chrysler's Star support and the technician said that he followed those exact procedures but they would not confirm if they actually called Chrysler or not. They told me the truck was within 5/8". I received it back with the rear driver's side sitting 1-3/8" lower than the rear passenger side. I'm at a loss. The guy that delivered the truck really feels bad and is going to talk to the manager again tomorrow about it. I may try another Dodge dealer but won't be getting a loaner from them because I purchased this truck from John Hiester Dodge in Lillington, NC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine has been in the shop now for the same issue three times. They delivered it back to me today 7/25 worse than when they picked it up on 7/12. I emailed the findings on this forum about Chrysler's Star support and the technician said that he followed those exact procedures but they would not confirm if they actually called Chrysler or not. They told me the truck was within 5/8". I received it back with the rear driver's side sitting 1-3/8" lower than the rear passenger side. I'm at a loss. The guy that delivered the truck really feels bad and is going to talk to the manager again tomorrow about it. I may try another Dodge dealer but won't be getting a loaner from them because I purchased this truck from John Hiester Dodge in Lillington, NC
Let me know if you hear from the manager.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2018 was in the shop for 2 weeks with the same issue. 2" lower on the left rear side. They determined the rear left bag wasn't inflating properly. They tried to resolve it on their own and couldn't, then week two had to get a Star Engineer involved. They ended up draining the system, recalibrating the levels, and then refilling the system. So far so good The kicker was we got a hail storm in Colorado during this and they left it outside. When I excitedly picked up my now level truck, I didn't notice the 30+ dings I now had on the roof and hood. Of course its not the dealerships issues to help get that fixed. Such a joke . I will try and take a picture of the repair notes they did later this evening if it helps either of you

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this happen on my last truck with hail. Don't take it to a body shop. They will fill the dents with Bondo and never properly paint the truck. I took mine to a dent removal expert. They did the work and I couldn't tell that it was ever dented.

My 2018 was in the shop for 2 weeks with the same issue. 2" lower on the left rear side. They determined the rear left bag wasn't inflating properly. They tried to resolve it on their own and couldn't, then week two had to get a Star Engineer involved. They ended up draining the system, recalibrating the levels, and then refilling the system. So far so good The kicker was we got a hail storm in Colorado during this and they left it outside. When I excitedly picked up my now level truck, I didn't notice the 30+ dings I now had on the roof and hood. Of course its not the dealerships issues to help get that fixed. Such a joke . I will try and take a picture of the repair notes they did later this evening if it helps either of you

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had this happen on my last truck with hail. Don't take it to a body shop. They will fill the dents with Bondo and never properly paint the truck. I took mine to a dent removal expert. They did the work and I couldn't tell that it was ever dented.
That is my plan! Had good look with paintless dent repair on a prior vehicle as well

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm gonna rant for a second because I just picked up my truck and I'm pretty irritated. Rice CJD in Alcoa, TN has had my truck since July 23rd and aside from fixing the cruise control recall they did nothing to address the air suspension issue. The tech called me 2 days after dropping it off and told me there was nothing they could do a about it. I pushed back and told him that was a BS. Fast forward 9 days and I just picked up my truck leaning worse than it was before. I made the service manager come out and look at my truck and asked him if he would be okay with his vehicle being like that and he just looked at me like I was stupid and insisted there was nothing he could do. Luckily I had information from these forums so I pushed back again and he reluctantly gave me the number to FCA customer service and told me if I wanted it fixed I had to call and convince FCA to fix it. Just got off the phone with CS and they opened a case on my behalf and said someone should be calling in the next 24 hours to help me address the issue. I'll update here as I learn more.

If you are getting the run around from your dealer I encourage you to call 1-800-992-1997 and demand they address it. If enough of us call maybe we can save others from dealing with this in the future.

·
Registered
133 Posts
After 2 months of delays I was finally able to drop my truck off this week to have the air suspension fixed. I picked it up this afternoon and it appears to be sitting level now but only time will tell.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi guys I fixed my 2016 Rebel air suspension by reprogramming the ride height with the AlfaOBD app it was pretty easy. I made a video of how to do it:

Reactions: DVC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone !

I'm 8 months old with my truck, my suspension is lower on the driver's side and I don't know why. I took her to the dodge 3 times (each time the truck went there she stayed for 1 month) they said they changed everything they could change and continue with the same problem. I do not know what to do ... someone who managed to solve this problem?

when I start it it turns on the compressor and there is a difference of 1/2 on both sides. would this adjustable link solve?

Note:

-I have a 36-month warranty or 36,000 miles.

- I discovered the problem in the first days that I had bought it.

sorry for the english misspellings but i am brazilian and i am using the translator to be able to write this.

I thank everyone

41 - 53 of 53 Posts