Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any ideas on how to remove these streaks?
I have the same type of streaks on mine as well. I noticed the day after I bought the truck. If you take your front license plate holder off you should be able to see no streaks. If so, it was something that happened during shipping or at the dealership. Polishing it helped a little but did not completely remove mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same type of streaks on mine as well. I noticed the day after I bought the truck. If you take your front license plate holder off you should be able to see no streaks. If so, it was something that happened during shipping or at the dealership. Polishing it helped a little but did not completely remove mine.
Bringing it to the dealership Monday to see what they have to say. I'm assuming it's either a factory defect or a result of the pre delivery detailing and they got sloppy with the black plastic polish on the grill.

I didn't notice it until yesterday when it was pointed out to me by the guy installing my light bar. Pretty embarrassing.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use Sprayway glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth to clean everything on the inside of my vehicles. The exterior just depends. Today I used a Chemical Guys claybar, and then followed it up with HD Adapt polish and a blue Buff and Shine pad on my DAP. After that, it coated it with Chemical Guys Jet Sealant, and since it has to cure for 12 hours, tomorrow I'll put the Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax on.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have one simple easy way to keep Big Red clean and shiny. It's called Ky Car Wash. They have been in business here for several years. They use good products and do a good job. If I got down on my knees to clean Red I would need a hoist to get up. Used to do that but no more. I envy you youngsters who can still clean their own vehicle. There is a sense of pride when you do it yourself. I am stuck with a good carwash.
Big Red

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bringing it to the dealership Monday to see what they have to say. I'm assuming it's either a factory defect or a result of the pre delivery detailing and they got sloppy with the black plastic polish on the grill.

I didn't notice it until yesterday when it was pointed out to me by the guy installing my light bar. Pretty embarrassing.
I went to the dealership yesterday and asked while they were uploading the NAV. They took pictures of it and are sending it to corporate to see if they will cover it under warranty.

Yes, I tried Simple Green. Usually if simple green doesn't get it off nothing will!

107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one simple easy way to keep Big Red clean and shiny. It's called Ky Car Wash. They have been in business here for several years. They use good products and do a good job. If I got down on my knees to clean Red I would need a hoist to get up. Used to do that but no more. I envy you youngsters who can still clean their own vehicle. There is a sense of pride when you do it yourself. I am stuck with a good carwash.
Big Red
Did the dealer have a guess as to what it was?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Could this be acid rain or something like that that picked up near the Dealer or along the trip to the Dealer. You would be surprised at what houses and vehicles near our local Bourbon Distillers. Just food for thought.
Big Red

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update: Since my last post and going back and forth with the dealership, they are going to fix it. They submitted it for warranty and were told no so it's on the dealership. The sales manager said he had the same thing happen to his truck and believed it to be from shipping but no clue as to what it was.

107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: Since my last post and going back and forth with the dealership, they are going to fix it. They submitted it for warranty and were told no so it's on the dealership. The sales manager said he had the same thing happen to his truck and believed it to be from shipping but no clue as to what it was.
Good to hear they are taking care of the problem!!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Glad to hear that they are going to fix it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.