Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been 6 weeks messing with dealer and paint guy..neither seem to know the colour or paint code for the standar d matte grey/black fender flares on all the rebels??Beyond frustrated to say the least..any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Cost to paint them will be around 800 bucks.
Most just get the standard mopar fender flares and 2 cans of spray on bed liner. Color is close and looks good.
Just saying

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate the feedback..problem is it's only the left rear that needs to be painted.Nothing comes up on build sheet when dealer enters VIN..can't seem to find any info on it.Colour looks to be the same as the RAM badging on the tailgate.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As far as I know the matte black fender flares aren't painted at all. They're just black plastic. Hit them with some bed liner is the easiest and cheapest way to go. Mine are fading bad already only a year after having the truck, that's what I'm going to do.

Sent from my iPhone X Prototype using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Appreciate the feedback..problem is it's only the left rear that needs to be painted.Nothing comes up on build sheet when dealer enters VIN..can't seem to find any info on it.Colour looks to be the same as the RAM badging on the tailgate.
I don't believe they are painted. The matt black is factory color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I haven't tried that. On my Jeep that I have I used Krylon and just cleaned the flares and sprayed it on. Looks brand new on the Jeep unless you look really close. I'm not the best with spray paint and I didn't clean it up any after I was done, since it's a play toy anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been 6 weeks messing with dealer and paint guy..neither seem to know the colour or paint code for the standar d matte grey/black fender flares on all the rebels??Beyond frustrated to say the least..any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Not sure if you got this resolved yet but I recently needed to replace 2 damaged fender flares, got the replacements from the dealer and they do not match the color of the fenders on the truck. They are glossier and blacker. The tag on the back of the new ones say service primer on the coded label, the damaged ones I’m replacing say Jet Black in one area and slate in another. I haven’t had them painted yet but I’m assuming slate is the color since they have a gray look to them. Not sure about the code though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up my truck from the dealer after having the right rear flare replaced and can comfirm that the unpainted fender flare does not match my black edition rebel. It is shiny and glossy where the factory ones are flat and slighlty lighter. I am going back tommorow to hash it out as the service manager insisted it is unpainted.

The newly installed one was damaged along the edge so they had to order a new one anyway so hopefully I can get one that matches this time.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
here is a side by side with the new rear and the old front. also included pictures of the adhesive already seperating on the bottom, and one example of a dozen razer blade nics on the edge.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.