Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just joined up. Picked up my Rebel about 6 weeks ago. Got a few mods/accessories on it thus far:
Current Mods:
- Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau
- 20% Ceramic Tint Front Windows
- Weathertech Mudflaps
- Black Billet Antenna
- Billet Tech Catch Can
- Tailgate EZ Down
- Speaker Swap
- Interior & Exterior LED Lights
- AEM Dry Filter
- Lund Rock Rail/Side Steps(going on this week)

Future Mods:
- Bumper or Grille LED Light Bar
- LED Headlight Bulbs
- Lift with new height sensors
- Diablo Trinity Tuner awaiting tuning for 2015 Models
- Other mods, does it ever end?

Rebel Detailed-5.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Congrats and welcome. What type of interior LEDS did you put in?
Picked them up from superbrightleds.com, pretty straight forward on their website as they have make model lookup. Make sure to get canbus bulbs for license plate bulbs otherwise you will get a bulb out error on the evic.

what was the item # for the weather tech mud flaps
The part # for the weathertech's is Front = 110026 & Rear =120026: 2015 RAM Ram 1500 | MudFlap No-Drill DigitalFit<sup>®</sup> | WeatherTech.com
Easy install, remove two screws, line up the mud flap, and reinstall the two screws.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hello all, just joined up. Picked up my Rebel about 6 weeks ago. Got a few mods/accessories on it thus far:
Current Mods:
- Pace Edwards Switchblade Tonneau
- 20% Ceramic Tint Front Windows
- Weathertech Mudflaps
- Black Billet Antenna
- Billet Tech Catch Can
- Tailgate EZ Down
- Speaker Swap
- Interior & Exterior LED Lights
- AEM Dry Filter
- Lund Rock Rail/Side Steps(going on this week)

Future Mods:
- Bumper or Grille LED Light Bar
- LED Headlight Bulbs
- Lift with new height sensors
- Diablo Trinity Tuner awaiting tuning for 2015 Models
- Other mods, does it ever end?

View attachment 265
to my new "BEST" friend...have a shot of the switchblade installed? I just ordered one this weekend.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My switchblade came in...much easier install than the jackrabbit was on my 09
20151201_162555.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Granite, did you replace all the exterior bulbs with LED's? Also, do they all need to be CAN(i)bus?
I did replace some of the exterior bulbs with LED's so far, I did use canbus type bulbs to eliminate any possible bulb out error messages. Picked them up at superbrightleds.com. Here is a list of the bulbs and styles that I used for interior and exterior:
Reverse Bulbs =7440 Wedge 28 LED Bulb Cool White (Part Number: 7440-WHP28-T)
License Plate Bulbs = 194 Canbus 5 LED Bulb Cool White (Part Number: WLED-CW5-CBT)
Cargo Light Bulbs = 194 Canbus 13 LED Bulb Cool White (Part Number: WLED-CW13-CBT)
Headlight Bulbs = Philips 9012 LED Bulbs (purchased these from another place online with Decoders/Canbus Cancellors)
Map Lights = 194 Canbus 5 LED Bulb Cool White (Part Number: WLED-CW5-CBT)
Footwell Lights = 194 Canbus 5 LED Bulb Cool White (Part Number: WLED-CW5-CBT)
Dome Light = 578 Canbus 1 LED Festoon Bulb (Part Number: 4410-W1-CB)

You can look up all of these easily on there website as well since they have a lookup by vehicle as well.
Still looking at adding light bars , think these will be going on my Christmas list to myself.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My switchblade came in...much easier install than the jackrabbit was on my 09 View attachment 447
Looks good, I thought the install was pretty easy as well. On my install I did notice after about a week or so that the cover must settle and had issues with it sliding open on its own, I simply put some foam spacers between the rails of the cover and the bed near the tailgate as it seemed there was some side to slide play in this area and haven't had any issues since, just a heads up in case you run into this issue.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Looks good, I thought the install was pretty easy as well. On my install I did notice after about a week or so that the cover must settle and had issues with it sliding open on its own, I simply put some foam spacers between the rails of the cover and the bed near the tailgate as it seemed there was some side to slide play in this area and haven't had any issues since, just a heads up in case you run into this issue.
Yeah the jackrabbit I had was the same way. Only real difference between this cover and the jackrabbit is this cannister is lighter and the jackrabbit had an actual key lock. Otherwise identical.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts