Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
So today I decided the exterior of my Granite Crystal / Black Rebel needed a bit of "pop" per say. I decided to use some red Plast-Dip on the tow hooks. I saw one person on the forum had done this, and man is it a fantastic idea!!!

Anyway, I already have the front bumper off of my Rebel but this evening when it goes back on, I am going to get some detailed pictures and give you all a quick guide on removing that bumper.

I can say that removing it is really not difficult. I did it alone. Putting it back on may require a second set of hands though. Ill get those other pictures and the guide posted tonight!

Michael
rebel tow hooks.JPG

·
Registered
75 Posts
That is going to look great!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is going to look sick when your bumper gets put back on. You will have to keep us update with how well it holds up. I would like to do this to my truck as well as I do not really plan on using them but depending on wear I may go with a powder coat versus the pd.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I can't wait to see this DIY. Been waiting for one before doing my front skid plate. Looks good thus far man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good morning everyone! I got the bumper back on last night. Got some good pictures and will post the how to in the next couple hours.

emergency_ram12: I've used plasti-dip numerous times with some of my other vehicles. Holds up really well. The one thing to watch out for is the car wash. Any hard scrubbing can take it off. I use a product called BDP (Brake dust pro) to clean it. Spray on then rinse off.

Unbreakable: once the front bumper is off. It looks like there are (2) 18mm nuts and a number of torx screws to remove the skid plate from the bumper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's not that hard to remove. It took me an hour and a half to remove the bumper and skid plate, then reinstall the bumper until I got the plate back. First there are 3 8mm bolts on each inner fender panel that need removed to gain access to the bumper bolts. This is just the lower panel. There are also 2 small brackets attached to the plate that need removed. Unplug the fog lights, at the harness, (one plug) then remove the 3 18 mm nuts from each side that hold the bumper on. The bumper will then slide right off. I had someone give me a hand sliding it off, didn't want to take a chance scratching the truck. The tow hooks can stay on.....
Once the bumper is removed, there are about 20 45mm torx head bolts that need to be removed to remove the plate from the bumper. There are a few plastic push style clips that need to be removed also. I left the fog lights attached to the bumper.
I had mine dipped (powder coated with red inlay) and the tow hooks painted red. Will post a picture when it is back on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good morning everyone! I got the bumper back on last night. Got some good pictures and will post the how to in the next couple hours.

emergency_ram12: I've used plasti-dip numerous times with some of my other vehicles. Holds up really well. The one thing to watch out for is the car wash. Any hard scrubbing can take it off. I use a product called BDP (Brake dust pro) to clean it. Spray on then rinse off.

Unbreakable: once the front bumper is off. It looks like there are (2) 18mm nuts and a number of torx screws to remove the skid plate from the bumper.
Any pics you can post please.
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts