Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at both of these within a few hundred bucks of each other.

Rebel-
Cons: Does this really only get 13 real world mpg? I have read online somewhere due to the off road tires will only see 13mpg?

No 360 cam no cooled seats

Pros:
I love the rebel look and the look of the non painted bumpers. Should keep from rocks etc pitting up the bumpers making them look like crap.

Laramie
Cons:
I dislike the painted bumpers. They will surely pit and scratch.

Plain looking tires. Yes these can be changed out.

Pros:
Cooled seats, optional 360 cam

I'm trading in my 2016 f150 lariat, and trying decide between Laramie with sport package or rebel. I was almost settled on rebel with 12 inch screen air suspension etc. Then I read online of people getting 13 combined mpg. I live in Florida so it's fairly flat, but I get 19mpg in my f150 dont want to lose 6mpg.

Which would you choose and why? What are you seeing real world mpg? Would you buy a Laramie instead of a rebel?

·
Registered
258 Posts
With 35” mud tires I still see 15 mpg on average. It was consistently 17 with factory tires. I love the air suspension for load hauling, towing, and versatility. It seems like the guys in extremely cold climates have problems but that shouldn’t be an issue in Florida.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANK YOU guys!!!!

I was stressing about the terrible mpg; my 1200hp mustang only gets 10 on E85 and I literally have to fill it every drive to work (I only drive it 2x a week for pleasure). I was thinking damn if the rebel is that bad as well it would suck, but maybe after the tires wear out I could replace for the same tires as the Laramie and improve mpg? I overall like the look of the Rebel, just making sure its the sensible choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the sport is a 4x4 and has no tow hooks in the front I’d go with the rebel.
Thanks! I'm reading up on the Rebel 12 and it appears "less red" I'm thinking I'll do the Rebel 12 just worried about the gas mileage. I know, I know you don't buy a truck for MPG, but still I'd rather have the best of both worlds if I can. I think the Rebel is a bad ass looking truck.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I always went with the more " sporty" looking truck. The cooled seats sound nice, but i can live without it, i love the heated seats and steering. Never thought much of gas milage. Some days i averaged 13mpg, but it's been hovering around 16. The rebel tires are nice and very pleased, I'm hitting 50k miles and still have plenty of thread.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone tried swapping the tires? I wonder if I swapped tires for the same ones as the Laramie if mpg would improve to around 19?

I drive a lot so trying to squeeze what I can out of this thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would think gear ratio would yield better mpgs. Most rebels have 3:92s........If you want mpgs maybe look for a sport with 3:21s???? If they exist...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I traded in my 2018 Ram Crew Cab Night edition for the 2019 Rebel Crew Cab 12 this past Saturday evening. I wanted to buy the Rebel last year and decided on the Night edition instead. So, when the new Rebel came out I started eyeballing and peaking when I got a chance. That was until a long time friend went in and ordered a 2019 Laramie Sport Crew Cab with most of the bells and whistles. I got a quote from the same dealer and trade appraisal not thrilled with the appraisal of my trade I looked more and purchased Saturday. I have to say I really like the overall ride, look and feel of the truck and I am very happy with my decision. I posted a quick picture of them side by side last Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think gear ratio would yield better mpgs. Most rebels have 3:92s........If you want mpgs maybe look for a sport with 3:21s???? If they exist...
My 2018 Night edition had the 3.21 gears and I was getting 18.5 to 19.2 on the highway speeds when I set the cruise. I typically got about 17.6 mpg in every driving. The gas mileage suffered when pulling a 5000 trailer (14.4 mpg).

·
Registered
109 Posts
In my 2018 rebel I get between 15-17 combined mpg depending on how I drive. I typically avg 16 mpg with 80% of my miles being highway and me going 10 miles over the speed. When im more conservative in my driving I can get over 18 but I didn't buy a Hemi to baby it.
Ive had my truck for exactly a year now and put 36000 miles on it and have loved every mile. I got the triple black and this is the most complimented vehicle I've ever owned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm looking at both of these within a few hundred bucks of each other.

Rebel-
Cons: Does this really only get 13 real world mpg? I have read online somewhere due to the off road tires will only see 13mpg?

No 360 cam no cooled seats

Pros:
I love the rebel look and the look of the non painted bumpers. Should keep from rocks etc pitting up the bumpers making them look like crap.

Laramie
Cons:
I dislike the painted bumpers. They will surely pit and scratch.

Plain looking tires. Yes these can be changed out.

Pros:
Cooled seats, optional 360 cam

I'm trading in my 2016 f150 lariat, and trying decide between Laramie with sport package or rebel. I was almost settled on rebel with 12 inch screen air suspension etc. Then I read online of people getting 13 combined mpg. I live in Florida so it's fairly flat, but I get 19mpg in my f150 dont want to lose 6mpg.

Which would you choose and why? What are you seeing real world mpg? Would you buy a Laramie instead of a rebel?

·
Registered
87 Posts
According to the computer the best I ever had was 15.5 and that was a 350 mile road trip. I average 13 +. My son has a 2017 and he averages 17-19. Like what was posted earlier, I didn't buy the truck for gas milage and my foot might be tad bit heavy :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've the ram air kit and cold air induction from MOPAR. I believe if I came out of these mountains I'd break 19 mpg in the flatlands.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2016 Rebel. Average around 16-17 in South Texas. Can get 20-21 when I rarely go the speed limit on the highway going 65.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've the ram air kit and cold air induction from MOPAR. I believe if I came out of these mountains I'd break 19 mpg in the flatlands.
That's crazy talk!
I'm heading down from Michigan tomorrow for your mountains and if I could get my wife on board I'd never come out of those mountains :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts