Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the manufacturer frowns on 1500's plowing snow but being that the Rebel is a bit more buffed out wonder if she can push snow.... what you all think??

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wouldn't be one of the things i would want to try and living in Florida i wont have to worry about it :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Pretty much any truck can push snow. Problem is that it's really hard on trannys, and it takes a fair amount of horses to push a lot of snow. Usually the 3/4 ton trucks or better are recommended for that reason. I wouldn't want to do it in my Rebel. I'd have gotten a Power Wagon if I wanted to do that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
My buddy plows with his fords, and a HUGE supporter of BOSS plow systems. So he comes into work with this years BOSS brand catalog. No joke COVER to COVER Ram 1500-3500's featuring their plows. I asked if there is a version of each catalog for each truck brand every year. He tells me NOPE this is their offering. So apparently RAM paid some good money to the marketing agents of BOSS to show off "hey! we can plow too a-holes!"

side note; there was no REBEL. I'm assuming the skid plates, air ride and other off road components will affecting proper plow mounting options. Also on the website you can't ass the snow/plow package option when you build your REBEL

·
Registered
492 Posts
My buddy plows with his fords, and a HUGE supporter of BOSS plow systems. So he comes into work with this years BOSS brand catalog. No joke COVER to COVER Ram 1500-3500's featuring their plows. I asked if there is a version of each catalog for each truck brand every year. He tells me NOPE this is their offering. So apparently RAM paid some good money to the marketing agents of BOSS to show off "hey! we can plow too a-holes!"

side note; there was no REBEL. I'm assuming the skid plates, air ride and other off road components will affecting proper plow mounting options. Also on the website you can't ass the snow/plow package option when you build your REBEL
Don't you love spell check :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ha! wasn't spell check. I just like putting some things in all caps. It's almost like you can hear me screaming from here!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Wasn't sure how strict our moderators were, lol
I'm pretty laxidasical myself. I am no dai t myself. Probably shouldn't go beyond PG13 for the masses though :)

Q

·
0 Posts
I wonder how much damage it would cause to the air suspension system, maybe not a good idea . Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got answer from Ram. They say not advisable due to front air suspension and that doing so could void the warranty. So no plowing

·
Registered
552 Posts
Plowing can put a lot of force on the truck. I wouldn’t choose to plow with my personal truck. The plow it self is heavy and the banging of pushing can damage unexpected areas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yea I considered it but there are more cons then there are pros. It isn't worth the money I rather use my bosses truck lol.
Keep in mind that the 1500 frames have a crumple zone which I suspect is why snow plows are not recommended. FYI, I installed a front hitch to quickly attack a plow or wench.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts