Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just at the dealership getting my first oil change (15,233km) the truck told me I was good til then.
Anyway I was told there is a recall for the left rear axle shaft . Mines a '15 MY so just FYI if u wanna call your dealers to book it in if it needs it. image.jpeg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is a 2015 as well and my rebel started making a screeching noise in left rear. Took it to dealer and they replaced left rear axle, wheel hub assembly and seals. 800 miles later it's performing fantastic so far.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey everyone, just at the dealership getting my first oil change (15,233km) the truck told me I was good til then.
Anyway I was told there is a recall for the left rear axle shaft . Mines a '15 MY so just FYI if u wanna call your dealers to book it in if it needs it. View attachment 401

just called my local dealer (and thanks for the heads up), said the recall was an initial inspection first then if it needs it they will replace it.
Why would they take the chance? I read it was a sub contractor that didn't heat treat the axle. The pic I seen on a guys axle on the site almost makes me think it was a bearing problem.
Got a fishing trip planned up north on a frozen lake so its being looked at in two weeks.

·
Registered
567 Posts
just called my local dealer (and thanks for the heads up), said the recall was an initial inspection first then if it needs it they will replace it.
Why would they take the chance? I read it was a sub contractor that didn't heat treat the axle. The pic I seen on a guys axle on the site almost makes me think it was a bearing problem.
Got a fishing trip planned up north on a frozen lake so its being looked at in two weeks.
Good luck fishing! And with the axle of course

·
Registered
29 Posts
just had mine in...yep, my batch numbers put it in the recall range ('15 model).
sounds like it was a relatively easy fix: replacing a shaft part, new fluid, and seals.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It wasn't the axel it was a bolt issue. Some bolts that where not 8's got used in the assembly. So they had to replace them before the axel failed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts