Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thinking about buying a new Rebel and I now own a 2019 Ram Lone Star Edition which I really like. First let me say I will not be using a new Rebel for any off roading, I'm only buying for the look. After going to the Ram Build and Price I see I can get a new Ram Lone Star Edition and order the BackCountry package and end up with a pretty nice vehicle which will have some off road capitilies, but I will not need them, but get the look I.m looking for. Plus the truck will list out at about $5000 less over the Rebel. All being said I personally don't like the Rebel front grill, all looks like black plastic and toy like, but the LS with the BackCountry package has a grill painted (color matched to the vehicle) which I think looks better. All being said, it's just another idea, plus I would have to factory order this vehicle as I'm sure you wouldn't find one on dealers lot, especially my dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm surprised no one had a thought on this, I was thinking for some $5000 less and get pretty much the same truck that some would comment on this. I understand I will not be going off road, but the look of the Rebel just don't do it for me. The front end looks like a inexpensive work truck and all that black give the impression of rubber and cheap look. I will say here, looks are a big thing for me and the Rebel needs some better looks then what I see.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are 2 pics of a Lone Star Edition with the Back Country Package. Since I don't care about off roading and it will be a street ride for me, plus I can get the stock 5.7 engine, 3.21 rear gearing, and other features that would be the same as my 2019 Ram Lone Star Edition has. Another concern is better fuel mileage over what the Rebel's are getting according to what people post on this forum, my 2019 Lone Star Edition is getting 23 mpg on the road and 19 mpg intown. I will say its not a money thing, but I can get the features that I already have and like. I realize this is a Rebel Forum, so I don't expect Rebel buyers and owners to go with this model, but for me it works.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
8 Posts
@trainman
The hell is there to discuss? In your first post you had your mind made up, second post was surprised at a lack of trolls, and your third post reaffirmed your first post. Buy the Lonestar with the package you want, put your phone/mouse/keyboard away, and enjoy your damn truck. There isn't a discussion to be had when you already made up your mind, you didn't even pose any real questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@trainman
The hell is there to discuss? In your first post you had your mind made up, second post was surprised at a lack of trolls, and your third post reaffirmed your first post. Buy the Lonestar with the package you want, put your phone/mouse/keyboard away, and enjoy your damn truck. There isn't a discussion to be had when you already made up your mind, you didn't even pose any real questions.
I got you, didn't I

1 - 6 of 6 Posts