Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking for a Rebel in my area (OKC), I came across the Warlock, I hadn't heard of that model before so I did some research and see it's fairly similar to a Rebel. Anyway, what is the best yr for a Rebel/Warlock, by best year I mean the model year with the least amount of problems. I'm thinking about looking for a 2017 and up.

Is there a year when the air suspension is at it's best? I believe I saw on a site where the 2015 Rebel's had issues with the air suspension.

I am not planning on taking the truck off road but having the capability would be nice. Also, after this last snow event I'd rather have it and not need it so I'm looking for a 4X4. I've found a couple Rebels I might go take a look at and a couple Warlocks. I also found a 2014 Raptor with 95K miles for $36,995, but the inside is not nearly as nice as what I'm looking at with the Rebel/Warlock.

I'll be trading my 2008 Ram 1500, lifted, 35's, 2wd. I've had my truck for going on 8 yrs and I love it, but I feel it's time for something new/updated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After doing some more research I think I'll be looking for a Warlock more than a Rebel. I don't want to deal with that air ride suspension. Unless it's not bad in warmer weather, I live in Oklahoma so with the exception of the past couple of weeks it doesn't get that cold.
At the same time, I don't want to deal with some of the things I've read on this site with the air suspension.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
The air suspension, based on posts on this forum, has problems - sooner or later. You can buy a Rebel without air suspension you know. They come with a Bilstein suspension (at least my 2020 did).

·
Registered
282 Posts
The air suspension, based on posts on this forum, has problems - sooner or later. You can buy a Rebel without air suspension you know. They come with a Bilstein suspension (at least my 2020 did).
2015 - 2018 air ride only
The 5th gen 2019+ optional

Can't go wrong with a warlock basically the same as the rebel except no air ride obviously and I think its a factory 1 inch lift, 20 inch wheels instead of 17s and no giant ram lettering on the tailgate
Also they have a few different options available so if you don't need a fully loaded truck you can get them on the cheaper side of things

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ram Rebel
108 Posts
After doing some more research I think I'll be looking for a Warlock more than a Rebel. I don't want to deal with that air ride suspension. Unless it's not bad in warmer weather, I live in Oklahoma so with the exception of the past couple of weeks, it doesn't get that cold.
At the same time, I don't want to deal with some of the things I've read on this site with the air suspension.
I have a 2017 Rebel and have had no issues with the Air Ride. IF you are in an extremely cold climate I would not get the air ride. I am in a mild climate in Canada and we have only had -10 Celsius for a week each year and no issues for me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm leaning towards a Warlock, but finding one with the nicer stereo and instrument cluster is proving to be a little difficult. I've found some that look awesome on the outside but the interior is bland, the lower end stereo and instrument cluster.
Then I'll find an average looking one but a nice interior. It's been hard to find one that has both.
I'm looking for a used one, I'd like to stay under $40K.
Thanks for the replies and help.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
"only had -10 Celsius for a week". My God, New Orleans would turn into a block of ice and float out into the Gulf! ⛄

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2017 Rebel. We got it cause my wife has some mobility issues and It is the best in warm weather. However, every year when we have our cold snap in January/February the air suspension will sag to the entry/exit position. I'll have to pull it inside to get it to warm up and then it works fine. Now this year the front is in entry/exit and the rear is in normal so it reminds me of my youth when there was a trend to jacking up the back end and lowering the front. Gotta get in to the dealer and if I get a chance I'll probably get rid of the air suspension.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts