Ram Rebel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Does anyone know when the 2017 ram rebels will be releasing to dealerships--specifically in the united states?

I'm looking to get a RAM rebel but I don't know if I should hold out till the 2017s are released.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If I were you, I would order a 17. I got a 15 last October and it will be 3 model years old before I've had it a year. Or if you can get a good deal go ahead. It really depends on you. Do you want the latest and greatest or are you going to keep it till you wear it out? I plan this being the last one I ever own. You are going to win either way.
Big Red

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I think you can look back in this forum and see when people started getting their 2016s. I want to say November, but I can't be sure. Look in the new members posts, especially.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I got my 2016 in November 2015. I think it rolled off the line in October 2015.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
They are old hands at the Rebel now. Hopefully stuff like the headlights as dash are straightforward and they should roll out petty quick. They should have the basic Rebel items to install and not have to substitute. They should be coming of the line by the end of the month and coming to the dealers mid October or the first of November.
There's still a chance of the Ram Hellcat, we can dream anyway.
Big Red

·
Registered
933 Posts
You could contact a dealer by phone for the answer. Asking when is the soonest I can order or recieve a 2017 Rebel

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Just be sure that when you order it, you want the Rebel Instrument Cluster with it. It's rumored to be standard with the Rebel in 2017, but I wouldn't take that as fact.

·
Registered
933 Posts
There ya go, you can order a 2017 now!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The only difference between the 16 and 17 is the updated Uconnect for apple and google additions. If thats important to you then wait for the 17s. If it isnt, you could get a great deal on an end of year 16. They are the same truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only difference between the 16 and 17 is the updated Uconnect for apple and google additions. If thats important to you then wait for the 17s. If it isnt, you could get a great deal on an end of year 16. They are the same truck.
The 2017 Rams have not received Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The 2017 FCA vehicles to receive it so far are 300, Challenger, and Charger.

Rebel for 2017 got a few items made standard. Only changes so far.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I totally disagree errorunknown, their is no character limit on signatures and I will post what I want in my signature. It's not offensive, abusive, raisist, sexist, or, otherwise directed at anyone except my Rebel. I share what I have done every time I post something in hopes of helping someone with their mods. Many people have asked me questions and pm me based on what I have done, and I am glad to be helpful and positive! If you choose not to view my signature or what I post, you can ignore me.

·
Registered
933 Posts
why post a mod like St, John Ambulance first aid kit. Well I have assembled my kit based on the fact I was a first responder and first aid instructor for over thirty years. I can tell you what a first aid kit should contain based on the coverage you have a need for. I can also suggest usefull items based on providing first aid for over thirty years and over five hundred incedents I have provided first aid to. Th
e fact I have added a kit to my rebel and let people know the kit is in the truck I hope to inspire others to carry one.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Not just Rainx. If people read the Rainex line it gives 2 sizes of wipers that are not stock 22". The reason is these are as large as you can go in wiper blade size without the wipers touching the paint. The wipers almost touch when not in use, giving the maximum coverage possible. The modification is harder on the wiper blade motors so beware of the blades you use so you won't burn the motors out. I suggest using the Rainex glass treatment then an impreginated blade to give maximum slippery swiping with the wipers on. If you find the blades slowing down or the motor labouring you may need to reduce the blade size, going right back to mfg original size.

·
Registered
933 Posts
If anyone has any questions about I mod I have done, ask away in a pm. If I don't know an answer I will try and find the answer for both of us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can confirm this, say some 2017 1500's/2500's/3500's at the dealership this weekend, with no uConnect 4.0 or Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. It will be available later this year on the 2017 models, appears they had some production issues on the new head units.

That being said, I would definitely NOT get a 2017 without Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. I have an aftermarket headunit in my Jeep with CarPlay and it is a GAME CHANGER. Much better than any OEM nav set up and will never be outdated.
Promise you that Apple CarPlay and android auto will not be on any of the Rams until the next model year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.