Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the 4th or 5th time it has happened, this morning was the final straw because it was 2 degrees out!!

Truck will not remote start and gives me this message on the cluster... "Remote start disabled.. Start vehicle to reset"

Anyone else experience this with there 2016?

·
Registered
567 Posts
This is probably the 4th or 5th time it has happened, this morning was the final straw because it was 2 degrees out!!

Truck will not remote start and gives me this message on the cluster... "Remote start disabled.. Start vehicle to reset"

I've had zero problems so far. Have you tried both key fobs?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

No sir. But it doesn't get that cold here

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used mine a lot when I first bought it - I'd keep the A/C on when I shut it down so it would come back on when I'd start it before leaving work. Have you taken it to the dealer yet? Just about everything can be read remotely these days.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If I forget to switch the dial from drive to park (its happened to me a couple of times, Im ashamed of it) when I go to take the key out, the next time I try to start my truck with the remote it wont work. I have to start the truck, put it in drive and then back into park before I can use the remote again. Maybe you are having a similar problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's alot that goes into the remote start check before it starts. Hood and all doors closed fully? If it senses you didn't shut a door fully and the dome light times out it won't start. Also low fuel it won't start.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree with rsloan, you have a key? I had that same problem with my 12, and basically had to make sure that my kids shut their doors all the way. Might be something simple as that.Haven't had any issues with the Rebel yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts