181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mmmm that I dont know... like i dont see why not since basically everything is compatible I cant think of a reason it wouldn't work. But honestly you'd honestly be better off contacting thuren fabrications tell them your set up and plans you'll probably get a way better answer than the one I gave you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone go with the bilstein 6112 on the front? I have them on order and just want to get some better info on them.

I’m trying to figure out what spring to get for the rear factory or 1” bilstein coils?
Hows the ride with the bilstein’s set at the 2.6” or the 2.2” there’s not much info online about these. Also with the fronts set at 2.6 or 2.2 will that be level with factory coils or have some rake? I’m fine with either level or the front a tad higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like stated above just finished up my install. After breaking my sensors in pismo just cruising to our camp spot. And being paranoid about how often I’m hours away from cell service last thing I want is to be stranded from someones horrible engineering decision.

Bilstein 6112 set @ 2.8
Icon Uniball uca
Removed the front swaybar
Stock rear coils w/ bilstein 5100’s (can get the p/n off the invoice if anyone is curious)

Pretty sure I gained a inch or two of droop on the front end looking from the front during the install it had noticeably more droop. Still planning on getting icon rear coils and adding limit straps to at least the front.

But the truck drives great, with the stock rear coils and about 290ish lbs in my bed (rtt and bedrack) I’m sitting a inch lower in the rear.

Flashed the bcm with alfaobd basically telling the truck there’s no air suspension anymore so no warning and all the settings for the air ride are gone from the radio. After my local dealership didn’t think it was possible and wanted $200 to even try.

(Was also able to disable fog lights off w/ hi beams, told the truck it has hids so no need for resistors, activated the front turn signal as the dtrl’s, lowered my tire pressure settings, added the option for the cargo cam, added the srt radio start up display, and remote window down. Still playing around with other settings)

D2454D4A-4178-44A4-A9C4-9EA7BA5B6829.jpeg
77934EAE-1988-428E-BD03-A4C90714D2F1.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
looking for a front air bag and shock only need one either side any would help thx
I have them sitting in a box I was going to list them on eBay. But I want to sell both at the same time. They are in good shape and have about 28k on them. I only removed the air ride because I kept breaking the sensor

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've for a 13 ram sport with the air suspension and hate it. First air bags were leaking now the compressor is going so I'm just looking to get ride of it all and go back to simple.. this page has been so much help thanks guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've for a 13 ram sport with the air suspension and hate it. First air bags were leaking now the compressor is going so I'm just looking to get ride of it all and go back to simple.. this page has been so much help thanks guys
What are you going to replace your air suspension with?
Can you post the parts then?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 Eco Diesel Laramie Limited 1500. I have the air suspension but have not had any issues other than it being off from side to side and i fixed that with my AlfaOBD software. I think the truck sits waaay to low and want to get rid of the Air Suspension and swap it out for this FOX Stage 2. From what i have seen and read it looks like a direct bolt in and all i have to do is adjust a few things with my Alfa OBD software to get rid of any warning light issues. My question is, will this FOX kit lift the truck or do i need to lift it then put the kit on ?? Thanks

https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/dodge/09-12-dodge-ram-1500/fox-2-5-factory-reservoir-0-2-lift-shocks-2009-2017-dodge-ram-1500-4wd/

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got off the phone with DirtKing. These guys are definitely getting my business if or when my air suspension decides to go south. We decided to go with the Fox 2.0 system all the way around for the best ride possible for the street. I am thinking the stock non-air ride Ram height will be a slight lift from my current "normal" ride height of my Eco. Maybe someone that has already done this conversion can give me a better idea on the height before and after ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got off the phone with DirtKing. These guys are definitely getting my business if or when my air suspension decides to go south. We decided to go with the Fox 2.0 system all the way around for the best ride possible for the street. I am thinking the stock non-air ride Ram height will be a slight lift from my current "normal" ride height of my Eco. Maybe someone that has already done this conversion can give me a better idea on the height before and after ??
HI ECO, may I ask where you are located asap here in the Great White North, we have limited sources for kits.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts