Ram Rebel Forum banner
221 - 222 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram Rebel
6 Posts
So after waiting the crazy wait times for king shocks I finally got the swap done. I got one inch lift coils for the rear (which ended up being a “mistake”) and I adjusted the front coil overs to 2 inches of lift originally (which is next to impossible to do unless you buy coil compressors). I took it to a shop to get installed and when they were finishing up they said the truck had a slight forward rake due to the one inch rear springs so they asked if I wanted the truck lifted higher from the recommended 2 inches to level it out. I said yes, all said and done the truck sits ½ inch higher in the front than the rear (looks closer to 1 inch in the photo due to the pavement) Im not worried too much about the over 2 inch lift due the the coils eventually settling over time, I also replaced the stock upper control arms to correct the geometry, and the rebel was originally meant to lift and lower with the air suspension so I think I can get away with ½ an inch of lift. I said the 1 inch lift rear springs was a “mistake” cause if I would have gotten stock height or ½ inch lift springs I could’ve stuck with the 2 inch lift up front. For parts I got OEM King Coil Overs with ADJ, Rear Shock Absorbers w/o ADJ, bilstein 1 inch rear springs (looking back I would probably spent a little more and gotten either the carli 3/4 inch lift or dirt king 1/2inch lift multi rate coil springs), mopar coil isolators (2), and dirt king heim upper control arms. All said and done I spent about just under $5k including an alignment for parts and labor. The ride is amazing it soaks up woops and dips with no problems. I removed the fuse for the air suspension and now I just get one message when I start the truck up that says “Service Air Suspension”, I’ll eventually deal with it and have the air suspension mod removed from the computer, I left the air lines and the compressor intact and removed the ride heigh sensors just zip tied the wiring harness. If you guys have any questions feel free to reach out!

·
Registered
2016 Ram Rebel
52 Posts
Little late in posting but I also got my airride off and the Carli kit on. Mine also says " immediate airride service/repair needed" on startup. Not too worried about that. Truck looks great. Put it on 285/75/17 and Method Race wheels.

Reactions: samdaman904
221 - 222 of 222 Posts