Ram Rebel Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well that depends what lift are you looking at if it the 4 inch you'll probably have to get struts springs shocks and it's the 6 inch I think you just need spring insulators and if it's the 6 inch coil over kit then I dont think you need anything extra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vader rebel your a fellow Manitoban? Also take it to hi tech auto down pembina they're the ones that did mine kept me up to date on everything sent pictures and lots of communication. They also do really good work
Did you do the whole suspension swap like BDS or just change out the air suspension to coilovers?

·
Registered
247 Posts
It would have been roughly 6 hours but I had a wrong spring part number when I ordered everything so I had to wait till the next day for it to come in

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have also asked a BDS distributor who told me that "it's not worth doing the conversion due to the amount of orginal Dodge parts your going to have to purchase also you will need to find a Dodge dealership that is willing to reprogram your computer to disable the air ride and that at this point your better off purchasing a non air ride W1500 and lifting it."...

- AlfaOBD can disable the Air Ride System I think.
- I don't want to trade my truck for another one. I have all options that I need - except a lift and the 2019 RAM are not my taste.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry for the short tempered response the dealers make me mad cause the dont know anything about these truck to make things short basically if it fits a 1500 from 09 to 18 it will fit the rebel if you want a parts list on what I used to remove it I'll give it to you but if your looking at other brands they will work to you just might have to look for spring numbers for the front

·
Registered
36 Posts
(I have a RAM 1500 Limited but I am watching this thread as I start to have some problems with my Air Ride and want to know what to do when it will worsen)

The dealers are indeed not very knowledgeable concerning the Air Ride system and they just want you to trade in your truck and buy another one.....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its pretty much the same thing the parts I used will work on your truck most of the part numbers I got came from a guy who did the swap on an outdoorsman

·
Registered
247 Posts
Or if you really want get them to pull the vin off another limited without the air ride and get part numbers that way if you wanna go oem

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's a good idea!!

But if I go with the 6" BDS coil-over system there are other parts needed, right?
Just removing the Air Ride and installing the Coil-over system kit, right?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The coil over kit you posted basically comes with everything you need I'm not sure if you need spring insulators or not for the rear and if I remember correctly the stock rims wont fit but I'm looking at it on their site now doesn't say anything about it there. If I come across it again I'll let you know

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok!

BDS told me that the factory 20" wheels can be reused with the stock tire size and that the 35X12.50's can be used on the 6" coilover system on a 20X9 wheel with 5" total backspacing".

So I suppose that I will have to use some spacers.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts