Ram Rebel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so here is the write up I did for removing the letters.

I have the letters off! It wasn't even actually all that difficult. Once you get the grill off, there are 4 of those disc retainer clips that hold on the RAM center portion with a thin frame. With those 4 clips, there are two 8mm screws on either end. once all of the clips and the screws are out, there is one press clip on the bottom of the center portion and two on the top. the two on the top are a little tedious to get to if you don't have barbie fingers. After that center portion is removed, there are a total of 11 more of the disc retainer clips. Now there are little square almost foam pieces under ever one of those clips....I would recommend replacing them when you reinstall. Those are the only reason I was able to get a good enough grip on the disc clips with a pair of locking forceps. Each letter has the following number of clips:

R - 4
A - 3
M - 4

Here are some pics as well as a vid I did to show how I got the letters to come off.

7801d1461457824-ram-emblem-removal-grill-unclipped.jpg
7809d1461457834-ram-emblem-removal-naked-ram.jpg
7849d1461457893-ram-emblem-removal-clips.jpg
7817d1461457852-ram-emblem-removal-ram-letters.jpg

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
T
As it is fairly difficult to search for how to remove the lettering in the front grill, I am adding how I did the removal below. This is probably not the only way to do it, but I found it to be fairly easy for my first time removing the grill and the lettering.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post up what they are and I will do my best to try and answer them.

Thank you.

I have the letters off! It wasn't even actually all that difficult. Once you get the grill off, there are 4 of those disc retainer clips that hold on the RAM center portion with a thin frame. With those 4 clips, there are two 8mm screws on either end. once all of the clips and the screws are out, there is one press clip on the bottom of the center portion and two on the top. the two on the top are a little tedious to get to if you don't have barbie fingers. After that center portion is removed, there are a total of 11 more of the disc retainer clips. Now there are little square almost foam pieces under ever one of those clips....I would recommend replacing them when you reinstall. Those are the only reason I was able to get a good enough grip on the disc clips with a pair of locking forceps. Each letter has the following number of clips:

R - 4
A - 3
M - 4

Here are some pics as well as a vid I did to show how I got the letters to come off.
http://https://youtu.be/av5MOV74NuM

View attachment 3474 View attachment 3482 View attachment 3490 View attachment 3498
Too many words

·
Registered
289 Posts
Why would you want to take them out? IMO they add definition to the grill and without them, the front end just looks like a black blob with no definition. It's like solid black wheels in that you can never tell what they look like because there is no contrast or definition so they all look the same.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Because he changed their color before reinstalling them. He even says he recommends you replace the round clips when you reinstall. He posted this plus more in another thread in response to something else. I suggested that he post the removal part here as a how-to because people seem to ask about that a lot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most welcome. Tried to think of different keywords to help. But we know how that goes. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
969 Posts
Absolutely great post. Very informative with great pictures. This will help anyone wanting to remove the letters to paint them. Great job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can just buy stenciled letters already in red and just them over the plastic letters on the grill. The kit is mailed to you and it takes about 15 min to apply them

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It really wasn't that hard. Just remember. There are two hidden clips at the bottom on either side. Make sure to pull the bottom out and the whole thing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
So not to highjack this thread but has anyone figured out how to light up the RAM lettering logo ? Maybe with some light changing LEDs? Kinda like the Mercedes and bmw logo do? The grill looks good with the ram lettering if you ask me...would look a whole lot breed if it was lite up.

·
Registered
57 Posts

R - 4
A - 3
M - 4

View attachment 3474 View attachment 3482 View attachment 3490
Did you happen to take a pic of the grill with the oval frame and letters not on the grill? Wondering what the grill looks like without the RAM on there?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts